Should I take law or law with criminology?

Watch this thread
freya00000000
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to work with the national probation service when I'm older, or more on the side of criminal justice with helping reform offenders like a prison instructor. I am, therefore, considering applying for law with criminology at a number of unis as I think it would better tailor my personal expertise to this kind of work. I am also personally very interested in criminology and law, and I think I would be much more motivated and happier if I took it. But other people say that it isn't worth it, or to just take straight law but I would like some advice on it.
thanks
Last edited by freya00000000; 2 years ago
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I am not expertised in law but I would say Law and Criminology would be a better option for your career.
Hope it helps and also , don't worry about what ppl say to u , do what u think is best ! x
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
i'd say with criminology and anything social policy/criminal justice related, so you can learn the roles of each branch of the criminal justice system (police, courts, prison). don't know how an llb would apply to your field (although i'm sure it wouldn't hurt it) where you're learning about torts, contracts, property rights, the constitution, legal reasoning, equity. memorising case law you'll never need to know in real life.

if you want to become a prison instructor tho, you sure you don't want to do an apprenticeship?

nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/prison-instructor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.73%
They're exactly what I expected (65)