The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Funding UK

Hi,

If I've been living in Italy for the past year, am I still eligible to apply for postgraduate funding?

Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you living in Italy temporarily? And previously lived in England?

Or are you an EU citizen and applying to study at an English university?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you living in Italy temporarily? And previously lived in England?

Or are you an EU citizen and applying to study at an English university?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I came back to England at the start of March, and I'm living in England permanently again now.
I lived in Italy for just over a year, and before that had been living in England all my life. I'm a British citizen and I'm applying for an English University.

I read that you must have been living in England for three years up to the first day of the course. Even though I was living in Italy for a year (minus Christmas/Summer etc), I would have still had UK residency and been considered a British citizen all the time I was in Italy.

Thanks
Original post by KyRosc
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I came back to England at the start of March, and I'm living in England permanently again now.
I lived in Italy for just over a year, and before that had been living in England all my life. I'm a British citizen and I'm applying for an English University.

I read that you must have been living in England for three years up to the first day of the course. Even though I was living in Italy for a year (minus Christmas/Summer etc), I would have still had UK residency and been considered a British citizen all the time I was in Italy.

Thanks

You should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending