BTEC H/S Care Unit 7: Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care Explained

Watch
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Aaliyahxox1010)
Hey
I'm really stuck on unit 7 health and social mostly M1 and M2, D1 and D2
Hey I can help you
Aaliyahxox1010
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes Please
I'm stuck on p6-D3 and D4
Starlight15
Rep:
?
Yes Please
P6 Compare the influence of different health and safety laws or policies on health and social care practice in a selected setting

Talk about the different health and safety law such as the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 can affects on how healthcare professionals working with your chosen service user care for your chosen service user for example you can talk about how the health and safty at work act can be applied into practice
Last edited by Starlight15; 2 months ago
Starlight15
Rep:
?
D3 Justify the effectiveness of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in maintaining health and safety in a selected health or social care setting

Explain why it is important for healthcare professionals working with your chosen service user to have health and safety acts and/or policies such as the health and safety at work act (provide three health and safety acts and/or policies, what happens if there was no act on health and safety, what does it protect healthcare professionals from and service users from

Provide real life examples of where health and safty laws and policies are not followed in a health and/pr social care setting

Yes Please
Last edited by Starlight15; 2 months ago
Starlight15
Rep:
?
D4 Evaluate the importance of safe practice principles in maintaining and promoting the health, safety and welfare of service users in a selected health or social care setting

Talk about why is it important for healthcare professionals to apply safe practice towards your chosen service users and summarise what you talked about in each question

Aaliyahxox1010
student2002.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you write the bibliography for this unit?
Keri00Summers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student2002.)
How do you write the bibliography for this unit?
use this website - citethisforme and choose Harvard
student2002.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
use this website - citethisforme and choose Harvard
Thank you!
Park20000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can someone help me with unit:7 principles of safe practice in health and social care. P2,3,4 and p5.
katiech1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi! im currently doing this assignment task and im struggling with M1, do you have any tips or anything cus im really not sure what to write lol x
Starlight15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Park20000)
Can someone help me with unit:7 principles of safe practice in health and social care. P2,3,4 and p5.
A.P2 Discuss ways in which complaints and appeals procedures address failure in a duty of care in a selected health or social care setting

Use page 302 and 303 to help you with this question, for this talk about a specific complaints and appeals procedures and link it to each case study that failed to provide duty of case

For example, in case study x due to staff being negligence towards the service users the servie userrs family members can contact the office of the Ombudsman, The Office of the Ombudsman examines complaints from members of the public who believe they have been treated unfairly by a public body. It also examines complaints about public service organisations that fail to provide accessible buildings, services and information, as required in the Disability Act 2005

P3 talk about different abuse and neglect that service users face in general i.e. financial abuse, physical abuse and define what each of them are (you can link this to you case study if you would like)

B.P4 Explain the factors that may contribute to and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect for service users in health and social care

In one paragrah explain the factors that contribute to abuse and neglect i.e. blackmailing, cohersion, threatening service users and one paragraph explain factors that can reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect i.e. reporting the abuse/neglect, stopping further abuse from happening etc.

B.P5 Explain how to respond to concerns about abuse and neglect in the selected health or social care settings

In your chosen case studies how to you think service providers should respond to abuse and neglect taking place or when they see abuse and neglect for exampe, in case study x the number of staff to service user ratio decrease which lead to service users being neglected what the service providers should do when responding to the increase amount of neglect is to whilstblow as whilstlblowing encourages a culture where wrongdoing can be addressed quickly and potentially before any regulatory action or damage to reputation

Hope this helps
aniqam04
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YM.004)
hi can somebody send me the pdf version please
there is no pdf version i’ve checked online everywhere there is none
lorena12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by katiech1)
hi! im currently doing this assignment task and im struggling with M1, do you have any tips or anything cus im really not sure what to write lol x
sure of course.

firstly : write an intro of what youre goinf to do in that art of the assigment. for example (from my assignment i wrote)- "in this part of the assignment, i am going to be assesing biomedical and sociomedical models of health. explain what they are, what they're used for using examples from iceberg and the sick and lastly form a conclution."

secondly ;: after youve done that, write what health and illness is and what are the positive and negative models of health.

thirdly :

biomedical model
1) what is biomedical with example- could use the clinical iceberg as an example
2) in your own words tell how this biomedical could efect us if doctors /healthcare profesionals where to use it.
3) if you chose that this is possitive then explain why , if negavtive then also explain why

socialogical model of health
1) what is social model of health with example
2) in your own words write whats positive about this model of health(socioloigcal model of health) if you said bio is negative.
3)then comapre the differeces (write a short paragraphy on what youve realised between those 2 models

then form a conclusion

dont forget bibliography and references x
if you need more help just let me know. Good night
katiech1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this helped me a lot, thank you!!
edensterry1512
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same situation as you, did you manage to find anything that helped? I'm struggling so much
Starlight15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by edensterry1512)
I'm in the same situation as you, did you manage to find anything that helped? I'm struggling so much
Are you doing unit 7 principle of safe practice?
yahmar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guys pleaseeeee please pleaseeeeeeeee someone help me on unit 7 please i beg you

(Original post by starlight15)
oh yeah it's true i'll send them to you make sure you pm mepl

e

(Original post by starlight15)
before you start this case study make sure you read through your two case studies which have one adult and one children’s health and social care setting provided for you by your teachers (or from your own work experience)

the pages that i'm going to provide you is from a book called "btec national health and social care student book 1: For the 2016 specifications (btec nationals health and social care 2016)"

task 1 – report

pass

a.p1 explain the implications of a duty of care in a selected health or social care setting

for this question, define what duty of care is and give an example of where it has or has not been met in both of the case studies.

Clue: Page 298

a.p2 discuss ways in which complaints and appeals procedures address failure in a duty of care in a selected health or social care setting

use page 302 and 303 to help you with this question, for this talk about a specific complaints and appeals procedures and link it to each case study that failed to provide duty of case

b.p3 describe the types and signs of abuse and neglect that may be experienced by different individuals

define what abuse and neglect are and list down the types and signs of abuse and neglect

clue: Page 308 to 317 also this pdf

b.p4 explain the factors that may contribute to and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect for service users in health and social care

talk about factors that contribute to the likelihood of abuse and neglect and then talk about the factors that can reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect

clue: Contribute to abuse and neglect page 317 to 319. Reduce abuse and neglect page 323 to 326

b.p5 explain how to respond to concerns about abuse and neglect in the selected health or social care settings

talk about how to response to concerns about abuse and neglect shown in the case studies by using page 319 to 323 as guidance

merit

a.m1 assess the importance of balancing individual rights with a duty of care in a selected health or social care setting

for this question talk about why it’s important to balance individual rights to duty of care and linking it to your case studies. For example, it’s important to balance individual rights as the equality act (2010) states that you should treat everyone equality no matter what their sex, race etc. (following the equality act is an example of duty of care) is in the first case study two female couples want to live together but a member of staff would let them this is poor duty of care as the member of staff haven’t followed the equality act

use page 298 to 301 to help you

b.m2 assess the importance of recognising and responding to evidence or concerns about different types of abuse and neglect in health and social care

talk about why it’s important to recognise and respond to evidence and concerns using page 319 to 322 for guidance, then link it to both studies, for example, one of the ways of recognising and responding to evidence is observation, in the second study the doctor noticed bruises at the base of kevin’s spine and round marks on lucy’s neck that resemble burns and was unconvinced at the father’s response as they’re more recent, however, she didn’t record her opinions, this could had lead to the death of two children

distinction

a.d1 evaluate the significance of a duty of care and complaints procedures in promoting safe practice in a selected health or social care setting

explain why it’s important to have a duty of care and have a complaint procedure to promote safe practice and using your case study as examples, for example it’s important to provide duty of care as it can protect service users from neglect and abuse by not providing duty of care cases such as the first and second study happens (then expand you answer), the reason why it’s important to have complaint procedures is to help them improve in their safe practice for example (refer to study one or two, or both)

use page 303 for reasons why we have complaint procedures and 305 to 306

page 398 to 301 for duty of care

b.d2 justify procedures for responding to concerns about abuse and neglect in the selected health or social care setting

explain why it’s important to for the people in both case studies (who haven’t responded to abuse and neglect) to respond to concerns on abuse and neglect

task 2 – research file

pass
c.p6 compare the influence of different health and safety laws or policies on health and social care practice in a selected setting
compare the two case studies to the health and safety laws on page 327 to 331 and explain whether the case studies have followed these health and safety laws

d.p7 explain how different procedures maintain health and safety in a selected health or social care setting
explain the procedures they used or not used in both case studies to maintain health and safety. Use page 336 to 344 for guidance

d.p8 explain the health and safety responsibilities of employers, employees and others in a selected health or social care setting
explain what the health and safety responsibilities are for employers, employees and others in both case studies. Use page 342 to 345 for guidance

merit
c.m3 analyse how health and safety legislation or policies influence safe practice in a selected health or social care setting
look through both case studies and explain how these health and safety legislation that you talked about in p6, p7 and p8 can make a different to safe practice in both case studies. Use page 331 to 335. For example, if the first case study followed (put legislation here) they can protect service users from harm thus promoting safe practice

d.m4 analyse how individual responsibilities and health, safety and emergency procedures contribute to safe practice in a selected health or social care setting
explain how the responsibilities and health, safety and emergency procedures that you talked about in p6, p7 and p8 for each individual(s) in the case studies can affect safe practice. For example, if the service users and employees knew the fire emergency procedure they would know what to do in a fire emergency, thus promoting safe practice

distinction
cd.d3 justify the effectiveness of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in maintaining health and safety in a selected health or social care setting
explain why health and safety legislation, policies and procedures can help to preserve health and safety in both of your case studies, basically how individuals/employees in the case study if they follow the health and safety procedures can change the way they conducted practice in the case study i.e. In the first case study if they had a procedure on coloured bins and where to store bins in for certain things it can help to save lives

cd.d4 evaluate the importance of safe practice principles in maintaining and promoting the health, safety and welfare of service users in a selected health or social care setting
you should treat this section as a conclusion. For this talk about why it’s important to promote safe practice in terms of promoting the health, safety and welfare of service users in the case studies. For example, it’s important for health care workers to promote safe practice as it can help promote the health, safety and welfare of service users for example in the first case study they haven’t promoted safe practice by….. If they followed the legislation such as…. They could preserve the health, safety and welfare of service users, for example…. Then do the same for the second study

unit 4 enquiries into current research in health and social care
unit 5: Meeting individual care and support needs
unit 8: Promoting public health work
unit 12: Supporting individuals with additional needs
unit 14: Physiological disorders and their care
pleaseeee help me i beg youuuuu please say ur active i really need help pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Mimixox16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone able to quickly help with D4 im struggling on what to write or how to start it i've just gone blank.
aniqam04
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey do you think you could have the time of pm on help with unit 7 i have no clue what to write up
yahmar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Starlight15)
Hey I can help you
hey can you please help me i want to cry right now i have no idea what im doing and this stupid online school and teachers not helping me whatsoever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
13.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (41)
22.65%
Live streaming events (16)
8.84%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.94%
A uni comparison tool (41)
22.65%
An in-person event when available (40)
22.1%