The Student Room Group

Making a UCAS account to transfer courses (foundation year)

I need to make a UCAS account but it requires a buzzword. Should I apply through my old sixth form or through my current uni?

Various unis said they would consider me and now i need to make a ucas account quickly, if it is possible to do it through my old sixth form will i be able to use the same reference my Headteacher gave me also?
No, you submit an independent application - you won't need the buzzword then. You will need to request an academic reference from someone, which could be a tutor on your foundation year or you could contact whoever originally gave you an academic reference at your school and ask them (it will probably be the same one in the latter case).
Original post by artful_lounger
No, you submit an independent application - you won't need the buzzword then. You will need to request an academic reference from someone, which could be a tutor on your foundation year or you could contact whoever originally gave you an academic reference at your school and ask them (it will probably be the same one in the latter case).

Thank You. Sorry to ask but are u 100% certain because my friend did it through his old sixth form.
Original post by Travis $cott
Thank You. Sorry to ask but are u 100% certain because my friend did it through his old sixth form.

I literally have applied from one university to another before, and I was successful in doing so without the buzzword - so yes, you should be doing it as an independent application. The buzzword system is essentially there so UCAS can collate data on applications from individual schools, and so the schools can organise their students' applications centrally. Neither is relevant whatsoever to your current situation, so there is literally no reason to do so otherwise.

Since you are no longer at your school or college, you should not be applying through them, therefore you will be applying independently. There is really no ambiguity in the matter, and the only point of confusion apparently is how your friend applied, to which the age old adage of "if they jumped off a cliff would you follow them?" seems to be appropriate...
Original post by artful_lounger
I literally have applied from one university to another before, and I was successful in doing so without the buzzword - so yes, you should be doing it as an independent application. The buzzword system is essentially there so UCAS can collate data on applications from individual schools, and so the schools can organise their students' applications centrally. Neither is relevant whatsoever to your current situation, so there is literally no reason to do so otherwise.

Since you are no longer at your school or college, you should not be applying through them, therefore you will be applying independently. There is really no ambiguity in the matter, and the only point of confusion apparently is how your friend applied, to which the age old adage of "if they jumped off a cliff would you follow them?" seems to be appropriate...

:colondollar: yes that does seem appropriate. Thank you for your help, just emailed my course leader now to see if they would give me a reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending