The Student Room Group

What’s usually available in clearing (physics)

If anyone has a list of what was available last yr or something that’d be perfect. If not does anyone know roughly what’s usually available for physics/ theoretical physics?
I’d be most interested in unis like Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Birmingham
Original post by Sophhhowa
If anyone has a list of what was available last yr or something that’d be perfect. If not does anyone know roughly what’s usually available for physics/ theoretical physics?
I’d be most interested in unis like Manchester, Edinburgh, York, BirminghamIn the last 2 years clearing details have been on line but prior to that were listed on the Telegraph around results day. Normally they would be held in your local library but they are probably closed at the moment. .

@ageshallnot do you still have your lists and can you answer this
My most recent lists date from 2017 unfortunately. Of those specifically asked about, only York was in clearing. However, there were many other "good" unis in clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
My most recent lists date from 2017 unfortunately. Of those specifically asked about, only York was in clearing. However, there were many other "good" unis in clearing.

Could I see the list please? I know it’s out of date but it might help to give a rough idea
it is a page after page. and lists every university and course in clearing. Be more specific regarding universities. Most of them would have been in clearing. The only universities not usually in clearing are Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial and Durham and a few in Scotland. The problem is not every university is in clearing for every subject. Perhaps ageshallnot might be able to say what universities were in clearing. Are you just looking at Northern universities maybe Leeds, Lancaster, Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham and York or places down south like Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, Exeter ad Southampton.
Original post by Sophhhowa
Could I see the list please? I know it’s out of date but it might help to give a rough idea

Unfortunately it covers a large part of a page in the Telegraph's clearing supplement from 2017. I used to collect them but they stopped the print copy after that year.
Original post by ageshallnot
Unfortunately it covers a large part of a page in the Telegraph's clearing supplement from 2017. I used to collect them but they stopped the print copy after that year.

What unis had spaces that year. Did Liverpool, Lancaster, Sheffield, York or Leeds have spaces for Physics.
This is taken from an old thread on here

My son has applied for Physics this year. Last year on A Level results day I bought a copy of the Daily telegraph as it publishes a listing of all clearing vacancies every year on Day One. Obviously this list changes once clearing kicks off but it pays to be prepared. You can order a back copy from their website.

The unis on the list offering the straight BSc or MSc/MPhys were, in no particular order: York, Surrey, Sussex,Southampton, Sheffield, Newcastle,Leeds,Lancaster, Cardiff, Loughborough, Royal Holloway, Cardiff, Hertfordshire and Salford.There were a few others offering only foundation or other strange combinations of courses. Bristol was also on the list, but I asked them about this at an offer holders day and they said they only had a couple of places and went into clearing really as an admin slip - all unis have a few places not taken up, and they just make/get a few calls normally to get them filled and don't bother with clearing.
Original post by swanseajack1
What unis had spaces that year. Did Liverpool, Lancaster, Sheffield, York or Leeds have spaces for Physics.

All of them did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending