Are Nintendo Switches worth it???

Watch
Kirkhamm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
since we're going to be in lockdown for months, I've been debating whether to get a Nintendo Switch

are they worth it
Joel746
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good look getting one, last time I checked they were all out of stock due to the Coronavirus.
My friend has one and she thinks they are great.
Most of the games on the switch are on either Xbox or PS4, unless you want the Nintendo exclusive games (like animal crossing). So if you have either one of those consoles then it’s probably not worth the £279 asking price.
If you want the Nintendo games then I guess it would be worth it if you are bored in lockdown? Or you could learn a hobby like the guitar or a new language? Just a thought
Last edited by Joel746; 1 year ago
username5240220
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kirkhamm)
since we're going to be in lockdown for months, I've been debating whether to get a Nintendo Switch

are they worth it
They are worth buying since you can create multiple accounts if you were to share due to being in a family household. My brother and I do this. I mainly play Pokemon and Minecraft on it. The downside, however, is that you cannot play it with others that has an account on the same console and the joycon sticks (the controls next to the screen) are sometimes faulty after using it a long time. For instance, my brother only got the Nintendo Switch last summer. As of January, the left joycon stick became quite slow and drifted all of a sudden. Its fixed for now since we've tried a few tricks!

Edit: I don't think there would be any of these in stock considering what's happening as of now. If it does seem to be the case, I'd go with the above user's suggestion.

Take care.
Last edited by username5240220; 1 year ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

are they worth it

you've picked a bad time to get one.

Coronavirus has caused a national shortage. Almost everywhere is sold out or attempting profiteering..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Sw...s%2C151&sr=8-2
Kirkhamm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
you've picked a bad time to get one.

Coronavirus has caused a national shortage. Almost everywhere is sold out or attempting profiteering..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Sw...s%2C151&sr=8-2
The Nintendo Switch Lite is being released for £200 on Amazon in 2 weeks
It's just a handheld version but I'm considering it
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Nintendo Switch Lite is being released for £200 on Amazon in 2 weeks
It's just a handheld version but I'm considering it
whats the point in buying the handheld part if you haven't got the main thing?

buy the main thing
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
as for are is the switch worth it, i wouldn't buy a switch if i didn't already have a ps4 or 360

a switch is more of a side console for casual gamers

graphics look ps2-ps3 standard too...
username3508100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love my Switch, it's kept me entertained during quarantine Best games are Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros imo. Heard Pokemon is good too

As others have mentioned I'm pretty sure they're out of stock everywhere though? My friend looked everywhere, even for the lite ones, and couldn't find any in stock
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
I love my Switch, it's kept me entertained during quarantine Best games are Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros imo. Heard Pokemon is good too

As others have mentioned I'm pretty sure they're out of stock everywhere though? My friend looked everywhere, even for the lite ones, and couldn't find any in stock
your friend didn't look too hard. Argos still has limited stock..
username3508100
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh lmao, guess i'll let them know.
Joel746
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Argos only have stock left in certain regions so it depends on where you are. They’re out of stock in my area and any other retailer is selling them off at inflated prices. I saw one of the grey switches for about £500, it’s sick that people are trying to profit from this.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Argos only have stock left in certain regions so it depends on where you are. They’re out of stock in my area and any other retailer is selling them off at inflated prices. I saw one of the grey switches for about £500, it’s sick that people are trying to profit from this.
i just visited their website and they're instock. [limited]

unfortunately yes, when supply gets low and demand remains high profiteering is usually inevitable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed