Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Lancaster vs Sheffield university for Environmental Science?
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Which one do you want to go to? Here are the Complete University Guide's rankings, but at the end of the day only you can know where you'd rather go, and what factors are most important to you.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Lancaster is more of a campus uni where as Sheffield is more of a city. Both are good, you got to take into consideration the departments, and what kind of university experience you want to have, plus look at the modules they have in the course. Lancaster is a collegiate uni, so there are several colleges which makes up the university (bit like oxford, durham etc) and have inter college sports. Lancaster is a bus ride from the town, where Sheffield is in the city and would be more livelier.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lancaster vs Sheffield university for Environmental Science
Hi!

I'm Maria, one of Lancaster's student ambassadors on here!

Lancaster is currently 6th in the UK for Environmental Sciences (Times Good University Guide 2020) and 1st for Careers Prospects after graduation (The Guardian University Guide 2020). You can find out more about the course and modules here.

You can also speak to a current student studying Environmental Science on Unibuddy, here, to get their experience of the course and the university life.

If I had to sum up Lancaster Uni is a series of words for you, I'd say: home, family, community, green, friendly, welcoming, ducks and daffodils!

You can get a real feel for the place by taking a Virtual Open Day or by watching one of our Digital Content Ambassador's videos about the sounds of the campus, here.

Do you have any questions about the course or Lancaster? I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (34)
10.03%
Okay (100)
29.5%
A bit lacking (122)
35.99%
Not good at all (83)
24.48%

Watched Threads