The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough university economics

Hello guys! I got a conditional offer from loughborough university for economics with placement. I'm just curious how does the prospects from this university when graduating, compare with other universities such as Bath?
Original post by hruuu
Hello guys! I got a conditional offer from loughborough university for economics with placement. I'm just curious how does the prospects from this university when graduating, compare with other universities such as Bath?

So for large grad schemes it wont make much difference imo.

Bath is particularly well respected in economics tho, and is a soft-target for competitive finance jobs such as in IB, and hence has an advantage over Loughborough in careers (if you want to pursue that path).

If you are not that interested in that route then it makes very little difference grad prospects wise as both are well respected unis, what you do as a student will matter more such as getting internships, committee positions, volunteering, top grades at uni etc. will all help build a strong CV.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
So for large grad schemes it wont make much difference imo.

Bath is particularly well respected in economics tho, and is a soft-target for competitive finance jobs such as in IB, and hence has an advantage over Loughborough in careers (if you want to pursue that path).

If you are not that interested in that route then it makes very little difference grad prospects wise as both are well respected unis, what you do as a student will matter more such as getting internships, committee positions, volunteering, top grades at uni etc. will all help build a strong CV.

Thanks a lot! I was worried that loughborough may not have good prospects compared to other top 10 economics university but i think i am just too paranoid :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JayTutor01
Hello,

Wanna talk?

about what:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by JayTutor01
School, anything as far as I can help?

not yet so far, i was just curious and a bit paranoid tbh wondering if loughborough would allow me to have good prospects in the future. But thankfully someone already kind of cleared that up. Thank you very much for offering to help though!
Original post by hruuu

Hi @hruuu,

I have replied on the other thread here.

Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @hruuu,

I have replied on the other thread here.

Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending