Alyviapaige
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am VERY undecided about what A-levels to choose...
I was going to take Textiles, RS, and history, but then this whole lockdown thing happened which gave me time to think.
I LOVE biology and science despite being very very creative and artistic. I am now leaning towards history, textiles, biology, and chemistry.Which means four....

I have a passion for history, art, and science equally! I love genes and DNA but I cannot take maths as an a level!

I just need another opinion!
Last edited by Alyviapaige; 9 months ago
angelicasingh32
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Alyviapaige)
I was going to take Textiles, RS, and history, but then this whole lockdown thing happened which gave me time to think.
I LOVE biology and science despite being very very creative and artistic. I am now leaning towards history, textiles, biology, and chemistry. Which means four....

Hey, I think there is a lot of stigma around taking 4 subjects as being tons and tons of work, but I believe that if you manage your time well and be productive in your free time, the work load is definitely manageable. The good thing about taking 4 is that if you want to drop one, it is super easy and it's better to take 4 and drop one, then do 3 and realise later you want to change as there will be a lot of catch up work, that is often independent. I hope this helps : )
Alyviapaige
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by angelicasingh32)
Hey, I think there is a lot of stigma around taking 4 subjects as being tons and tons of work, but I believe that if you manage your time well and be productive in your free time, the work load is definitely manageable. The good thing about taking 4 is that if you want to drop one, it is super easy and it's better to take 4 and drop one, then do 3 and realise later you want to change as there will be a lot of catch up work, that is often independent. I hope this helps : )
Thank you that helps a lot!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I LOVE biology and science despite being very very creative and artistic. I am now leaning towards history, textiles, biology, and chemistry.Which means four....

I have a passion for history, art, and science equally! I love genes and DNA but I cannot take maths as an a level!

Hi Alyviapaige!

I'd really recommend you to think about whether you'd like to go to Uni after A-Levels and what course you think you'd like to do. This is as some courses have specific subjects which you need to take. If you don't want to go to Uni or you're not sure yet then maybe look at certain careers you'd like to do and what subjects would help with that. I know it isn't easy to think a head like this but it could be really beneficial.

Hope this helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep
Sophhhowa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I do 4 and it’s fine as do a number of my friends. You could start with 4 and if it’s too much you can always drop one. I’d also say it’s important to consider what you want to do next and make sure that you’re taking whatever you need to do that. If you’re not sure then just make sure your options are as facilitating as possible both in terms of the individual subjects you take and as a combination
Ctj1509
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Hey!
When I started A levels (I just finished y13) I took 4 subjects and welsh bacc as I couldn't decide. I found the workload easy to manage but I had to put a lot of time in. However by February I started to have less and less time to myself and so I looked at my subjects and decided which I was enjoying the least and wouldn't do as well in and dropped it. I'm sure you'll be fine doing 4 although I wouldn't recommend it for the whole 2 years. If at any point it gets too much then it's so easy to just drop one and you may find as you go along that it will be clear which one you're not so good at compared to the rest. If you're welsh and do AS (like I did) then you can just wait and see which you do the worst in for your AS and then drop that one. I would also recommend looking into the course you want to do and looking at the specific requirements (something I didn't do and regretted it afterwards).
Hope this helps and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed