The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Accomodation

Hello,

I have been interested in applying to Exeter Uni for next year to study History. However I'm stuck on deciding which hall of residence would be best for me. I would prefer to be in a hall that is close to my lectures and other services (e.g. Supermarkets, etc) and also a hall that is relatively cheap. So does anyone have any information on which accommodation hall would cater towards my needs.

Thank you : )
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 21 Cabbage
Hello,

I have been interested in applying to Exeter Uni for next year to study History. However I'm stuck on deciding which hall of residence would be best for me. I would prefer to be in a hall that is close to my lectures and other services (e.g. Supermarkets, etc) and also a hall that is relatively cheap. So does anyone have any information on which accommodation hall would cater towards my needs.

Thank you : )

Hiya! I am in a similar position but found that there are a few that a close to the Forum which I believe is where all lectures are held if you are in Streatham campus - Lafrowda is the most popular but is cheap and it has essentials and is 5 mins away from the Forum and has a supermarket in the campus, as well as Rowe and St Germans that is next door and is cheap. They have a similar layout as most student halls do but they have slight differences to them. Lafrowda is apparently known for being loud but I guess it changes each year and there is construction happening on one of the blocks (you can choose if you don't want to be in that one or not lol).
The one nearest the town center so shops or the station is Duryard but this is a 15 minute walk up what is called 'cardiac hill' (a really steep hill) but gives you the exercise for the day I have heard. As well as Birks Grange which is a 10 minute walk to the forum. Completely up to you :smile:
I hope this helped x
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending