The Student Room Group

Worst heartbreak

This sounds horrible but please can people put their worse heartbreak story down below to make me feel less alone? My boyfriend of over 4 years has been cheating on me and lying to me and he’s annoyed at me for finding out and won’t speak to me. We’re in lockdown and I’m already struggling as it is. I’ve not ate in 4 days and I keep crying.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This sounds horrible but please can people put their worse heartbreak story down below to make me feel less alone? My boyfriend of over 4 years has been cheating on me and lying to me and he’s annoyed at me for finding out and won’t speak to me. We’re in lockdown and I’m already struggling as it is. I’ve not ate in 4 days and I keep crying.

If he has been cheating on you on multiple occasions then I'd recommend trying to move on.
Hearing others heartbreak stories won't help you.
Remember you are an individual.
Find the strength within yourself to understand the situation truly for what it is.
You should not be upset.
He is obviously not in the same mindset as you.
Cheaters fail one day.
Learn from this and become wiser.
Reply 2
My boyfriend broke up with me on the first day of lockdown too, I'd been with him for 5 years and he gave me no explanation. I was the same as you, absolutely heartbroken and didn't think I would ever get through it. It's only been 2 weeks now, and I feel like a new person. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I promise you it will get better. Take care of yourself, try to do things to take your mind off of it. You clearly deserve so much better than that, and things like this often happen so that better things can fall in to place. Trust in the magic of new beginnings! I promise you you'll come out the other end a much stronger and happier person.
Lol he's annoyed at you for finding out?!?! Move on.

My worst heartbreak was similar; my first love and partner of 6 years cheated on me. Though I was more hurt that one night with another woman made him doubt our whole relationship than I was about him actually cheating so I ended it. My best advice is FOCUS ON YOU. Join dating apps. Talk to other people. You need to feel good about yourself, and your current boyfriend isn't going to make you feel good.

Try to eat and talk to people about it, tough though it may be.
I wasn't in a relationship but my friend didn't return my feelings and has treated me really badly because of it. He blamed me and got annoyed at me for feeling emotions, and thinks he is a better person than me because he didn't develop feelings. He's made me feel guilty for something I cannot control. My heart is broken because I have to cut my best friend out of my life - he's shown he's toxic but I still love him :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Sadruz Zaman
If he has been cheating on you on multiple occasions then I'd recommend trying to move on.
Hearing others heartbreak stories won't help you.
Remember you are an individual.
Find the strength within yourself to understand the situation truly for what it is.
You should not be upset.
He is obviously not in the same mindset as you.
Cheaters fail one day.
Learn from this and become wiser.

I’ve wanted to leave for a while but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’m aware it’s stupid.
Reply 6
I wasn't in a relationship but my friend didn't return my feelings and has treated me really badly because of it. He blamed me and got annoyed at me for feeling emotions, and thinks he is a better person than me because he didn't develop feelings. He's made me feel guilty for something I cannot control. My heart is broken because I have to cut my best friend out of my life - he's shown he's toxic but I still love him :frown:

Oh no that’s awful!! Sometimes loosing a friend is worse than loosing a partner I can’t imagine how it must feel if you love them too!:frown: I hope your okay💗
Reply 7
Original post by Precious Illusions
Lol he's annoyed at you for finding out?!?! Move on.

My worst heartbreak was similar; my first love and partner of 6 years cheated on me. Though I was more hurt that one night with another woman made him doubt our whole relationship than I was about him actually cheating so I ended it. My best advice is FOCUS ON YOU. Join dating apps. Talk to other people. You need to feel good about yourself, and your current boyfriend isn't going to make you feel good.

Try to eat and talk to people about it, tough though it may be.

Honestly your situation is so similar to mine but I’ve only been with my boyfriend for 4 years so I can’t imagine the pain that must have felt. I’m trying to slowly get over him so that by the end of lockdown I shouldn’t feel so hurt and it should be easier!
Reply 8
Original post by rlcraig1
My boyfriend broke up with me on the first day of lockdown too, I'd been with him for 5 years and he gave me no explanation. I was the same as you, absolutely heartbroken and didn't think I would ever get through it. It's only been 2 weeks now, and I feel like a new person. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I promise you it will get better. Take care of yourself, try to do things to take your mind off of it. You clearly deserve so much better than that, and things like this often happen so that better things can fall in to place. Trust in the magic of new beginnings! I promise you you'll come out the other end a much stronger and happier person.

That must have been so horrible, I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’m very impressed your getting on so well tho!! I’m going to try leave, it’s just very difficult. I feel the pain of being broke up is going to hurt more than being with him and getting cheated on cause he can still be so so nice to me. I think that’s another reason I’ve stayed for so long-it’s kind of manipulative when I think about it
Honestly your situation is so similar to mine but I’ve only been with my boyfriend for 4 years so I can’t imagine the pain that must have felt. I’m trying to slowly get over him so that by the end of lockdown I shouldn’t feel so hurt and it should be easier!

I understand, 4 years is still a very long time and I can imagine how hurt you are. If you ever feel like talking with someone who can somewhat relate then please feel free to PM me. It gets easier :hugs:
I’ve wanted to leave for a while but I can’t bring myself to do it. I’m aware it’s stupid.

Do you think he is manipulative?
Personally would advise you to stay away from him.
Ask your friends/ family for their views.
I put a lot of trust in a girl i told her i want her to be my gf in the future. She said yh i see u as a bf too. But then cos i didnt link her as much, she just ended it a few weeks before lockdown cos she didnt have feelings for me anymore and her friends told her to tell him the truth. It was the worst heart break cos i gave all my time and effort into suttin that wasnt long term. She kinda just led me on. We still stay as friends tho but shes made it clear its never gonna be nothing more.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I understand, 4 years is still a very long time and I can imagine how hurt you are. If you ever feel like talking with someone who can somewhat relate then please feel free to PM me. It gets easier :hugs:

Yeah it’s really horrible,I’ve not felt pain like it tbh. Thanks so much, appreciate it:smile:
Do you think he is manipulative?
Personally would advise you to stay away from him.
Ask your friends/ family for their views.

Sort of yes because I think he manipulates me into thinking it’s my fault, he manipulates me into thinking he’s in love with me yet you wouldn’t do that to someone you love. It sounds bad but I never speak to anyone I know personally about it because I don’t want people to hate him and I feel like once you tell your parents what a boyfriend has done-there’s no going back you like can’t ever get back with them cause your parents won’t like them
I put a lot of trust in a girl i told her i want her to be my gf in the future. She said yh i see u as a bf too. But then cos i didnt link her as much, she just ended it a few weeks before lockdown cos she didnt have feelings for me anymore and her friends told her to tell him the truth. It was the worst heart break cos i gave all my time and effort into suttin that wasnt long term. She kinda just led me on. We still stay as friends tho but shes made it clear its never gonna be nothing more.

That must be horrible- they’re will be someone out there who loves you for you and will love you endlessly x
Sort of yes because I think he manipulates me into thinking it’s my fault, he manipulates me into thinking he’s in love with me yet you wouldn’t do that to someone you love. It sounds bad but I never speak to anyone I know personally about it because I don’t want people to hate him and I feel like once you tell your parents what a boyfriend has done-there’s no going back you like can’t ever get back with them cause your parents won’t like them

I think he may be taking your love for granted. He doesn't sound like a person you should see.
Do yourself a favour and stay away from him.
It may take time but don't stop trying.
I think he may be taking your love for granted. He doesn't sound like a person you should see.
Do yourself a favour and stay away from him.
It may take time but don't stop trying.

I do feel like because he knows I’ll take him back he doesn’t care about what he does. I’m really trying to leave him, hopefully one day I’ll be able too
Nothing quite like death.
That must be horrible- they’re will be someone out there who loves you for you and will love you endlessly x

yeah i hope so ive never kissed a girl before and im 18 lool

Haven't had my heart broken but he got annoyed at you for finding out? Leave him in the bin and never look back. He's clearly in the wrong and from the sounds of it, if you continue talking to him he'll try to twist the situation and make you feel guilty. Although it's easier said than done, learn from this to make yourself the better person because there's no use in pining for someone who clearly doesn't care about hurting you.

Quick Reply