My mom and 17 year old sister fight

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,
Just now, my mom and sister fought on something I cant believe they did.
The issue was my sister was hugging my mom, and both of them were fine. Suddenly they were friendly wrestling, and my sister's nails scratched my mom accidentally maybe. My mom reacted saying that my sister is evil, bcoz my sis scratched her purposely. That what my mother thought. So, my sister got angry at mom that why she called me evil, instead of apologising that she did it by accident or purposely.

I know my sister when we friendly wrestle, sometimes she really hits me to get back at me, but I ignore it.

For sure i believe, my sister did really mean to scratch my mom, and my mom called her evil. They got even so I expected my sister would apologise regardless of actually or accidentally scratching my mom. But nooooo my sister was angry on why mom called her evil.

I really dont understand this as me being the older sibling. I really know when to dodge when my mom and me are about to fight but my sister never gets the hint. If my mom called me evil, it wont make me evil duh and I will say "okay, mom." And after that I would apologise if I did it accidentally or purposely. Tho I would never scratch my mom as I bite my nails, a very bad habit of mine. My sister on the other hand, doesnt get it. My mom actually thinks my sister scratched her on purpose and mom is standing by it, but my sister is questioning mom why did mom call me evil. Ofc my sister challenged her, and my mom got furious bcoz my mom was expecting an apology but in turn my sister is questioning her that she didnt scratch her purposely and why are you putting it on me.

I seriously facepalming at this whole situation, Like a mom is a mom in the end, even if you didnt do it purposely but the other person thinks so and you cant change their mind, just freaking apologise. It wont hurt anyone.
I just cant deal with this, it is so annoying.
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Both should apologise, Sister should have quickly gone 'Sorry' whether she meant to or not and that should hav ebeen the end of it
If she hadn't realised mum should have said ' hey you scratched me' again a quick sorry should have sufficed. You mum should know better than to call her names! If mum had called her out and there wasnt an apology mum should have asked for one, if there still wasn't mum should ground or take phone or wifi or some form of punishment because she defo meant it then.

You are not alone in immature parents calling kids names rather than dealing with a situation reasonably, or a sibling who acts immature, probably learnt it off mum. You can either copy the behaviour or learn this is not how you handle a situation. At the end of the day both should apologise and move on
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Roasted Potato)
Both should apologise, Sister should have quickly gone 'Sorry' whether she meant to or not and that should hav ebeen the end of it
If she hadn't realised mum should have said ' hey you scratched me' again a quick sorry should have sufficed. You mum should know better than to call her names! If mum had called her out and there wasnt an apology mum should have asked for one, if there still wasn't mum should ground or take phone or wifi or some form of punishment because she defo meant it then.

You are not alone in immature parents calling kids names rather than dealing with a situation reasonably, or a sibling who acts immature, probably learnt it off mum. You can either copy the behaviour or learn this is not how you handle a situation. At the end of the day both should apologise and move on
Agreed. thank you for taking your time to read my rant XD. i was not expecting a reply as i wanted to throw my frustration somewhere and i had forgotten about this post. my sister is kind of a stubborn egg, she finds it very hard to accept her mistakes when her own family tells her but, if her friend tells her about her mistake, she quickly changes and apologize. she is the type to learn from others, i get that as there are such people like her. but we are telling her for her own benefit.
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea my brother is the same and will listen to friends not family, its just a maturity thing and it'll pass I'm sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed