The Student Room Group

Calling someone pretty?

Hi guys

This guy I like and have a thing with always calls me pretty, never fit or hot or beautiful. I don’t know how to feel, I know it sounds superficial and it’s from a good place, but I always thought pretty was quite an empty word. What exactly makes a girl pretty in the eyes of a guy?
Well me being a girl too. Pretty isnt vague, maybe the dude is complimenting you. Maybe if you ask him, you will get answers but no ones likes confrontation. Hopefully a guy replies to you about this.
Maybe the guy doesnt like using the word hot bcoz it comes off as liking the body more.
Reply 2
Bump
He probably doesn’t wanna sound desperate
Reply 4
Original post by Dexter345
He probably doesn’t wanna sound desperate

Yeah, I mean I can understand that x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys

This guy I like and have a thing with always calls me pretty, never fit or hot or beautiful. I don’t know how to feel, I know it sounds superficial and it’s from a good place, but I always thought pretty was quite an empty word. What exactly makes a girl pretty in the eyes of a guy?

I mean I think it's more of a safe bet to call a girl pretty than hot or beautiful. In my opinion if he's calling you pretty he probably is interested in you but it's safer than just going straight in and saying "your're hot" or "your're beautiful" as those compliments are a little risky and some girls might not appreciate those.
Probably meaning the same thing
In my opinion, when my boyfriend uses pretty or beautiful it means more than hot ur fit
Reply 8
Original post by C.e101010
In my opinion, when my boyfriend uses pretty or beautiful it means more than hot ur fit

I definetrely think theres more meaning to pretty than hot :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I definetrely think theres more meaning to pretty than hot :smile:

really guys? Pretty is like aww pretty little girl or doll, hot means there is actual sexual attraction. So maybe the guy is trying to be polite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending