swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How are universities going to treat students who are taking resits if they have not taken Mocks or been on a gap year and the exam centre doesnt have any evidence of their likely performance.
jonolethaby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm in a similar situation (less pressure as already had a sufficient grade but wanted better). Try and contact your old school perhaps to tell the new centre (where you'd be sitting as a private candidate) what they think you would've got this time round - they might see an upward trajectory for you. Also contact the centre where you would be sitting (who if going to provide a grade will rank you as one of their own) and ask to chat with one of the teachers - they might be able to make some mind of judgemnt based on your convesation, in addition being able to send some work you have done as practised into them? Ofqual will reveal more:

"We know many private candidates (students who have been home-schooled, following distance-learning programmes or studying independently) are anxious to know how these arrangements might be applied to them. Heads of centre have been asked to provide centre assessment grades for private candidates registered to take exams with their centre and include them in the rank order where they are confident that they and their staff have seen sufficient evidence of the student’s achievement to make an objective judgement. We are urgently exploring whether there are alternative options for students who need results this summer to progress and for whom a centre assessment grade is not possible. It may, unfortunately, be necessary for some to take exams in the autumn or next summer to get their grades. We appreciate that this is a matter of real concern to private candidates and will provide an update as soon as possible. We have asked organisations that represent universities and FE colleges to consider private candidates when making admissions decisions this summer. They have told us that they believe that institutions will consider a range of other evidence and information for these students to allow them to progress wherever possible."
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
How are universities going to treat students who are taking resits if they have not taken Mocks or been on a gap year and the exam centre doesnt have any evidence of their likely performance.
Hi swanseajack1

The Minister answered a similar question to yours here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=88090424

I hope this helps with your question.

Thanks
Strawberry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads