jupiter63
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have got an offer for two completely different courses and I'm really struggling to decide between them. One is a modern languages degree in a top UK university and the other is an HND in Performing Arts at a college. I love both languages and acting so much, but at the moment, I can't choose between them. My immediate family are really supportive, but my extended family judge me for my interest in acting and say it's not a proper job etc. For a few years, I've gotten places at universities but I've then dropped out before the course starts and I feel it's because in my heart, nothing beats acting. (I even had a place to study drama, but it's not all acting.) I've been studying language for the past year and am really enjoying it too. I just wish it wasn't so difficult to make a decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by jupiter63; 7 months ago
deep_learning
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
This entirely depends on what you're trying to get from life. You're the only one who fully understands your strengths and weaknesses. Where can you see yourself in the next 7 odd years, without being biased.

Realistically speaking, what can performing arts do for you in life? Think about how saturated the market is to become a big timer. Or do you have another goal in mind from doing this course?

Now, what can a modern language degree achieve you in life? Where can this potential achievement take you? Can you see yourself dedicated to such a path for the next few years and potentially your career?

Think realistically.

Goodluck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.09%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.64%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.8%

Watched Threads