The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Changing course at KCL

I applied for Law at Kings College London, however I got an offer for History which is a subject I have done for A level and do not enjoy. Would there be a possibility of me transferring course to do Law at the start of the year in September?
Original post by anissad27
I applied for Law at Kings College London, however I got an offer for History which is a subject I have done for A level and do not enjoy. Would there be a possibility of me transferring course to do Law at the start of the year in September?

Do you meet all their requirements? Specifically, have you taken the LNAT? What were their reasons for rejecting you for Law initially?
(edited 4 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Do you meet all their requirements? Specifically, have you taken the LNAT? What were their reasons for rejecting you for Law initially?

Yes I took the LNAT and my score was 21 however I feel that I did quite well in my essay. Their reason was that Law was a competitive course and they received stronger applications
Yes I took the LNAT and my score was 21 however I feel that I did quite well in my essay. Their reason was that Law was a competitive course and they received stronger applications

I've noticed that in the past couple of years King's have used History as a bit of a dumping ground for thise candidates to oversubscribed courses whom they like, but don't like enough to make an offer.

I suspect that they won't be keen on such a transfer unless Covid19 makes a mockery of their normal behaviour. If so, you might want to ask at clearing rather than when/if you turn up to take a course that you don't like.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
I've noticed that in the past couple of years King's have used History as a bit of a dumping ground for thise candidates to oversubscribed courses whom they like, but don't like enough to make an offer.

I suspect that they won't be keen on such a transfer unless Covid19 makes a mockery of their normal behaviour. If so, you might want to ask at clearing rather than when/if you turn up to take a course that you don't like.

Thank you for the advice, but I’m also wondering whether they’d even consider me at clearing if they had already pretty much rejected me for law and gave me an alternative offer in the first place?
I also just got an email about transferring and they said neither Psychology or Law accept transfers
Thank you for the advice, but I’m also wondering whether they’d even consider me at clearing if they had already pretty much rejected me for law and gave me an alternative offer in the first place?
I also just got an email about transferring and they said neither Psychology or Law accept transfers

As I said, probably the only way would be if the virus vastly reduced their acceptances.
Reply 6

any luck?

Quick Reply

Latest