liz_453
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
why is it that all my friends are doing higher tear and I'm doing foundation, I always ask if I'm a little dumb
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone has their own paths in life. In secondary school, your friends and your immediate circle seems to feel like the whole world.
As you grow and your surroundings change, you'll see people better than you and you might need their help but also people who need YOU for help. You'll look back and you'll realise that it's not so bad.
People have their strengths and their weaknesses, you'll eventually choose options in life which support your way of learning and living. You don't need to be like your friends, if everyone was the same that would be boring.
You can strive to do better and look up but not in a way that causes you to look down at yourself. Focus on what makes you a good person, having a negative outlook on your education will eventually impact it. Think thoughts like " Perhaps I'm not as well equipped on this topic, that only means there's more space for me to learn!".
Being on a foundation course just reflects your personal education journey, there's nothing wrong with needing more support! That's what it's there for. Capitalise on it, and continue growing at your own pace.
liz_453
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you so much this has really boosted my confidence, thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads