Birmingham City University online PGCE interview

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all, I have an online interview with BCU tomorrow for PGCE in Primary Education.
I'm really nervous about what questions i'll get asked and the written task I have to do afterwards.
Has anyone already had one of these interviews? any advice or guidance you'd give?

TIA
rs05xx
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I had mine yesterday and I was SO nervous I coudnt even eat lol, however after the first 5 minutes I realised I had nothing to be nervous about! The lady who interviewed me was lovely, she was really encouraging and made me feel really at ease. Every time i answered a question she made sure she was engaged and smiled along with me, the questions were pretty straight forward too providing you have done your preparation!
I was asked things like:
"looking at your personal statement I can see you have some experience, can you tell me what you learned from them?"
"What do you think makes an effective learner?"
"can you describe some behaviour management strategies, and how effective you think they are?"
"If a child came to you with a problem they were dealing with at home, how would you handle this?"
"How would you create an inclusive learning envirnoment?"
"Can you tell me about a current issue in education and your view point on this?" THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO RESEARCH ON BECAUSE ITS A HARD ONE TO BE ABLE TO WING IT!!

The best advice I can give is just make sure you have done your research and youre prepared, you will be fine! They want you to do well, they are not out to trick you!! Plus it is online so it is a lot less intimidating than actually being in the room with them!

In Regards to the test afterwards, I dont know what yours would be like however mine was a multiple choice maths test and a written answer for "What makes an outstanding teacher?" Both were very simple!

Good Luck!!
username5265840
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi, my interview with the University is next week. To be honest, I am not nervous anymore. I had my interview with the teaching provider and they were so polite and friendly! I shared my screen with them and performed my lesson, I had videos of how I would have taught year 5 children. The panel was so professional and polite, that was an honour to receive so many compliments. Now I am getting ready for my Uni interview which will be delivered via online conference between the panel, myself and other candidate. I am already a teacher but a foreign teacher and I don’t worry at all because worrying is useless. Good luck, everyone, with the interviews!
Pav10
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi i have my interview next weekWould you be able to tell me if you had to dicuss teaching standards at all ?Thanks
siara112
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
were the english and maths tests being supervised through the webcam?
fatsj
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rs05xx)
Hi,

I had mine yesterday and I was SO nervous I coudnt even eat lol, however after the first 5 minutes I realised I had nothing to be nervous about! The lady who interviewed me was lovely, she was really encouraging and made me feel really at ease. Every time i answered a question she made sure she was engaged and smiled along with me, the questions were pretty straight forward too providing you have done your preparation!
I was asked things like:
"looking at your personal statement I can see you have some experience, can you tell me what you learned from them?"
"What do you think makes an effective learner?"
"can you describe some behaviour management strategies, and how effective you think they are?"
"If a child came to you with a problem they were dealing with at home, how would you handle this?"
"How would you create an inclusive learning envirnoment?"
"Can you tell me about a current issue in education and your view point on this?" THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO RESEARCH ON BECAUSE ITS A HARD ONE TO BE ABLE TO WING IT!!

The best advice I can give is just make sure you have done your research and youre prepared, you will be fine! They want you to do well, they are not out to trick you!! Plus it is online so it is a lot less intimidating than actually being in the room with them!

In Regards to the test afterwards, I dont know what yours would be like however mine was a multiple choice maths test and a written answer for "What makes an outstanding teacher?" Both were very simple!

Good Luck!!
Hii!
I got accepted for an interview for PGCE Primary and I'm really nervous about presenting one of the discussion topics. Do you have any advice or how your experience was for that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads