The Student Room Group

help me in chem

why the answer of i is 1-3 and 2-4?IMG_20200408_011335-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
Put your hands on top of each other. They can't be superimposed.

1 and 4
2 and 3

are the enantiomers. This is because they are exact mirror images of each other. The bonds (dashed / wedged) are opposite, this is a very simplistic way of looking at it until you learn R/S configs.

I noticed these questions are from the RSC Olympiad. I have an RSC Membership (I think you can make a free account that just gives access to these resources) and so I am more than happy to send you the mark schemes if you feel like they would productively benefit your work.
Original post by Claisen

1 and 4
2 and 3

are the enantiomers. This is because they are exact mirror images of each other. The bonds (dashed / wedged) are opposite, this is a very simplistic way of looking at it until you learn R/S configs.

I noticed these questions are from the RSC Olympiad. I have an RSC Membership (I think you can make a free account that just gives access to these resources) and so I am more than happy to send you the mark schemes if you feel like they would productively benefit your work.

Good you can help.
Original post by Claisen

1 and 4
2 and 3

Original post by Claisen

1 and 4
2 and 3

thank u for helping me. u mean resources like past papers or sth? but what is that RSC web? I got this question from ukcho
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest