B G 51
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I don't know if I should take 3 or 4hls. I want to study business/economics in the US (Ivies, MIT, Stanford...). I currently have
Slovene A HL
English B HL
Math SL (technically I'm on hl but I'll switch)
Economics HL
Bio SL
I'm considering taking French at hl. It's not that hard to me and apparently there isn't much of a difference. I'd prefer to have 3 hl and less work but I think it might look a bit weak if I have my native language as hl. Do you think I should take French at hl?
JayTutor01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Go for Business
B G 51
Rep:
?
Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer business.
JayTutor01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What does it offer?
B G 51
Rep:
?
Actually at this point I cannot change subjects anymore, I can only change levels.
student3221
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’d definitely recommend just doing 3 HLs. I don’t think there is much benefit to doing 4 it is just a lot more work and the IB is already hard enough! The most important thing is your overall points and doing 4 HLs could actually make this lower. Also native languages at HL don’t look like an easy option as long as they are A languages and French isn’t even particularly related to what you want to do. Hope this helps a little
idktbcna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
take 3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (719)
41.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads