The Student Room Group

Argument with some teachers

My girlfriend was working do it was my turn to look take her sons to nursery. I get on well with my gfs and they love being with me or they seem like it but Im not their dad, they are her exs children but I feel like Im their dad because Im treated like one. So anyway, I drove to there nursery/school, I walk with them to the playground, we are waiting then the youngest boy whos in nursery says he doesnt want to go so I say fine, I ask her other boy whos older in reception who agrees and wants to go home as well so Im fine because I cant force them. I ask if they are sure just to confirm, they say yes, so I think fine then well take them out of school. We are walking out then I see this woman following us who turns out to be one of their teaching assistant, she asks me where Im going so I say "they dont want to come in today" I think thats it, the teaching assistant is asking why so I explain I cant force them to come in but she trying to tell me that the need to stay so I say once again "they dont want come in" so I cant force them, shes still carrying on trying to make the come in so I ask if they want to go but they say no, the teaching assistant tells them that "the classes are doing baking" something like that but the younger one looks at me and say "we dont want to go in". I say "guys its fine Ill take you to see your daddy" ( I was was going to take them to their genetic dads house to say hi), the teaching assitant is on her radio calling the kids class teacher so they come over, I put her and her assitant in their place a bit, I just say they are young kids, "I cant force them to go into school" im saying it a bit not calm because Im sick of saying it. The class teacher is saying "they should come into school", at this point Im irratated so I say to the teaching assistant "Ive said to you that they dont want to come in is that hard to understand, clearly it is because you arent understanding and this is why you are a teaching assistant and not an actual teacher" then the class teacher says to me "can you leave the school premises" so I do leave with the kids.

I take them to their dads house straight after the incident, who I get on well with and I tell him what happnend. I had a day off from work later that day but I needed to see my boss about something so we leave their dads house, I go to see my boss for a 10 minute meeting and my colleagues look after the kids who all say they are lovely and cute. My colleagues notice Im in a bad mood because I am up due to what happened but I dont tell them just because they mightve disagreed. Later that day we are at home, I get a call from my partner saying the school phoned her that I had a conflict with their staff so I explain it and she understands.

By the evening that day I forgot any of this even happened because Ive moved on but Ive received a letter in the post today that I am banned from collecting the kids from school. All this was weeks ago, maybe about 4 weeks and theyve sent me this letter now. My girlfriend wasnt happy about it but I got to an agreement with her and appoligised. Its just I got fustrated with the teacher because if the kids dont want go to school they dont have to go, Im doing whats best for them because I love them as much as my gf and their actual dad does. Its only reception and nursery. The letter was exagerated as well saying I got agressive with the staff member which I just seemed a bit irrated, I didnt shout loud, I raised my voice slightly and was a bit rude to the ta. So thats it, when schools reopen again, I cant take the kids to school and my partner has to change her hours to take them.

Im just thinking them to staff members were pathetic so Im thinking of reccomending to my partner to pull them out into a diffrent school. Im a bit shocked and disapointed about the sitution since I loved taking them to school but I guess my partne

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend was working do it was my turn to look take her sons to nursery. I get on well with my gfs and they love being with me or they seem like it but Im not their dad, they are her exs children but I feel like Im their dad because Im treated like one. So anyway, I drove to there nursery/school, I walk with them to the playground, we are waiting then the youngest boy whos in nursery says he doesnt want to go so I say fine, I ask her other boy whos older in reception who agrees and wants to go home as well so Im fine because I cant force them. I ask if they are sure just to confirm, they say yes, so I think fine then well take them out of school. We are walking out then I see this woman following us who turns out to be one of their teaching assistant, she asks me where Im going so I say "they dont want to come in today" I think thats it, the teaching assistant is asking why so I explain I cant force them to come in but she trying to tell me that the need to stay so I say once again "they dont want come in" so I cant force them, shes still carrying on trying to make the come in so I ask if they want to go but they say no, the teaching assistant tells them that "the classes are doing baking" something like that but the younger one looks at me and say "we dont want to go in". I say "guys its fine Ill take you to see your daddy" ( I was was going to take them to their genetic dads house to say hi), the teaching assitant is on her radio calling the kids class teacher so they come over, I put her and her assitant in their place a bit, I just say they are young kids, "I cant force them to go into school" im saying it a bit not calm because Im sick of saying it. The class teacher is saying "they should come into school", at this point Im irratated so I say to the teaching assistant "Ive said to you that they dont want to come in is that hard to understand, clearly it is because you arent understanding and this is why you are a teaching assistant and not an actual teacher" then the class teacher says to me "can you leave the school premises" so I do leave with the kids.

I take them to their dads house straight after the incident, who I get on well with and I tell him what happnend. I had a day off from work later that day but I needed to see my boss about something so we leave their dads house, I go to see my boss for a 10 minute meeting and my colleagues look after the kids who all say they are lovely and cute. My colleagues notice Im in a bad mood because I am up due to what happened but I dont tell them just because they mightve disagreed. Later that day we are at home, I get a call from my partner saying the school phoned her that I had a conflict with their staff so I explain it and she understands.

By the evening that day I forgot any of this even happened because Ive moved on but Ive received a letter in the post today that I am banned from collecting the kids from school. All this was weeks ago, maybe about 4 weeks and theyve sent me this letter now. My girlfriend wasnt happy about it but I got to an agreement with her and appoligised. Its just I got fustrated with the teacher because if the kids dont want go to school they dont have to go, Im doing whats best for them because I love them as much as my gf and their actual dad does. Its only reception and nursery. The letter was exagerated as well saying I got agressive with the staff member which I just seemed a bit irrated, I didnt shout loud, I raised my voice slightly and was a bit rude to the ta. So thats it, when schools reopen again, I cant take the kids to school and my partner has to change her hours to take them.

Im just thinking them to staff members were pathetic so Im thinking of reccomending to my partner to pull them out into a diffrent school. Im a bit shocked and disapointed about the sitution since I loved taking them to school but I guess my partne

This essay could really do with a tl;dr to maximise your chances of getting good replies :smile:
What’s your question?
So you raised your voice to a member of staff and now aren’t allowed on school premises. Erm, okay?

We can’t really tell you whether that is proportional because we only have your description of events and didn’t hear how you interacted with them. Barking at them that they weren’t a real teacher is quite unpleasant though.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
So you raised your voice to a member of staff and now aren’t allowed on school premises. Erm, okay?

We can’t really tell you whether that is proportional because we only have your description of events and didn’t hear how you interacted with them. Barking at them that they weren’t a real teacher is quite unpleasant though.

The kids didnt want to go to school, the teachers were trying to make little kids do something that they did want to do. I had to keep saying that they dont want to go in

I think once you'd driven them to school they should have gone in. The time for them to decide they weren't well enough was when they were at home. School attendance is compulsory unless you decide to educate them at home - they are too young to decide they don't 'feel like going in'.
You could try writing an letter of apology and ask for this decision to be changed - emphasise that you were completely in the wrong and why you need to be the one dropping them off.

It is very difficult to get two places at another school owing to the limitation on KS1 class-sizes.
Probably not your place to pull other peoples kids out of school and try and take them away somewhere, you look dodgy as fk, no wonder you're not allowed back.

I would of just told her to **** off ngl
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
I think once you'd driven them to school they should have gone in. The time for them to decide they weren't well enough was when they were at home. School attendance is compulsory unless you decide to educate them at home - they are too young to decide they don't 'feel like going in'.
You could try writing an letter of apology and ask for this decision to be changed - emphasise that you were completely in the wrong and why you need to be the one dropping them off.

It is very difficult to get two places at another school owing to the limitation on KS1 class-sizes.

I didnt mind driving them to school, its only like a 5 minute drive at the most. They are too young to do sonething they dont want to do as well, they mightve cried at school. Its nursery and reception they are missing which is just playing anyway and they go in the rest of the days. When I was in school, secondory and college at 16 if I said to my parents im not going in they didnt force me they were like I am.
Reply 9
I would of just told her to **** off ngl

I wouldve but the kids were there
Original post by Admit-One

Apprently I was "agressive" and the teacher that phoned my partner said I upset the teaching assistant
I wouldve but the kids were there

got a point I wouldn't of taken sh*t from her tho
got a point I wouldn't of taken sh*t from her tho

I will confront the teacher or teaching assitant if I see them anywhere

maybe not the greatest idea tho but I get where you coming from
I didnt mind driving them to school, its only like a 5 minute drive at the most. They are too young to do sonething they dont want to do as well, they mightve cried at school. Its nursery and reception they are missing which is just playing anyway and they go in the rest of the days. When I was in school, secondory and college at 16 if I said to my parents im not going in they didnt force me they were like I am.

Things have changes and you can get fined for not taking children to school.

There is a legal duty for them to attend - https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence

"You must make sure your child gets a full-time education that meets their needs (for example if they have special educational needs). You can send your child to school or educate them yourself.

Children must get an education between the school term after their 5th birthday and the last Friday in June in the school year they turn 16.

You’ll be contacted by either:

the school - if your child is enrolled in school and does not turn up (even if they’re only absent for a day)
the council’s education welfare officer - if they think your child is not getting a suitable education at home

You can be prosecuted if you do not give your child an education. You’ll normally get warnings and offers of help from the local council first."
maybe not the greatest idea tho but I get where you coming from

I may not see them but if I do Ill just have a word
Things have changes and you can get fined for not taking children to school.

There is a legal duty for them to attend - https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence

"You must make sure your child gets a full-time education that meets their needs (for example if they have special educational needs). You can send your child to school or educate them yourself.

Children must get an education between the school term after their 5th birthday and the last Friday in June in the school year they turn 16.

You’ll be contacted by either:

the school - if your child is enrolled in school and does not turn up (even if they’re only absent for a day)
the council’s education welfare officer - if they think your child is not getting a suitable education at home

You can be prosecuted if you do not give your child an education. You’ll normally get warnings and offers of help from the local council first."

They are both under 5, the younger one is 3 turning 4 next month, the older one has just turned 5 in january and its only one day. It would be cruel to say no you are going in and Im a good step dad so thats why the kids love me

That would be foolish - the Police will then be involved. You need to be an adult and say sorry.
That would be foolish - the Police will then be involved. You need to be an adult and say sorry.

Not harm them or anything, I mean just put them in their places more because I feel shes taken the piss out of me because I cant pick kids up from school just for getting fustrated because they made me fustrated. If I could have £1 million I wouldnt say sorry, the teacher deserved it
Not harm them or anything, I mean just put them in their places more because I feel shes taken the piss out of me because I cant pick kids up from school just for getting fustrated because they made me fustrated. If I could have £1 million I wouldnt say sorry, the teacher deserved it

No they didn't - you were breaking the law by refusing to let them go to school. Read the link I posted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending