strs434
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,i'm a gcse student and i'm planning to study art but was wondering what is involved in a-level art and whether it's worth it as an a-level. Plus any general information about the course
kitkadd
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
3.1 Summary of subject content
Art, craft, and design
A broad-based course exploring practical and critical/contextual work through a range of 2D and/or 3D
processes and media associated with two or more of the titles below.
Fine art
Students should produce practical and critical/contextual work in one or more areas of study, for
example, drawing, painting, mixed-media, sculpture, ceramics, installation, printmaking, moving image
(video, film, animation) and photography.
Graphic communication
Students should produce practical and critical/contextual work in one or more areas of study, for
example, interactive media (including web, app and game design), advertising, packaging design,
design for print, illustration, communication graphics, branding, multimedia, motion graphics, design for
film and television.
Textile design
example, fashion design, fashion textiles, costume design, digital textiles, printed and/or dyed fabrics
and materials, domestic textiles, wallpaper, interior design, constructed textiles, art textiles and
installed textiles.
Three-dimensional design
example, ceramics, sculpture, exhibition design, design for theatre, television and film, interior
design, product design, environmental design, architectural design, jewellery/body ornament and
3D digital design.
Photography
example, portraiture, landscape photography, still life photography, documentary photography,
photojournalism, fashion photography, experimental imagery, multimedia, photographic installation and
moving image (video, film, animation).
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I suggest you look at the examboard's specification and look at how its structured and what you have to do to see if its something you would like to do.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by strs434)
Hi,i'm a gcse student and i'm planning to study art but was wondering what is involved in a-level art and whether it's worth it as an a-level. Plus any general information about the course
Hi strs434!

Definitely look at the exam board specification and even email art teachers from your school and see what they say. Also, it will be worth it as an a-level if you enjoy it and depending on what you want to do after sixth form? Have a think about what careers/degree/apprenticeship etc you'd like to do.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.95%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.9%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (161)
37.53%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.59%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.03%

Watched Threads