What can cause a loss of appetite?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
For some reason today my appetite seems to have diminished. I feel fine, I have no coronavirus symptoms like a cough or a high temperature. Yet when i was having breakfast i didnt feel to keen to eat it. I was able to kinda force food down throughout the entire day and as a result ive probably eaten more than i usually would today but I havent felt hungry at any point, i went for a run earlier and didnt feel at all hungry after that, anybody have any idea why this may be the case?
username5205898
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That happens to me every now and then. Like I could go the whole day without feeling hungry so it doesn’t come across my mind to eat. Like I completely forget that I haven’t eaten
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Eating can cause a loss of appetite.
Satori Tendō
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Quarantine caused a sudden lifestyle change, maybe a hormone or vitamin imbalance from lack of sunlight, did you change your sleep schedule? Anything different might have impacted your appetite tbh

In my case, I likely have some form of IBS (has only been speculated by one doc) but I very rarely feel hungry. At this point, I need an alarm to tell me to eat or I'll forget until I feel dizzy lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (69)
40.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.96%

Watched Threads