The Student Room Group

Do you think that the UK should adopt an American style healthcare system?

What's your opinion on the UK adopting a system where all citizens should take out private health insurance to fit the bill of the NHS?

Scroll to see replies

no
jesus almighty no. in fact they should adopt a healthcare system like us.
NO the NHS is already bad enough I don't want the UK healthcare system to be downgraded even more...
Reply 4
Definitely not
never
Original post by Anonymous
What's your opinion on the UK adopting a system where all citizens should take out private health insurance to fit the bill of the NHS?

no ty we r doing just fine
No, because if we had the a private system I’d probably be dead.

I like that there is private care available to those who can afford it or need to seek an opinion/test they can’t get within the NHS. But otherwise, private health care is a bad idea.
There is no way a healthcare system like that would work
Reply 9

Why do you ask?
Reply 10
who tf thinks this!!
Original post by Drewski
Why do you ask?

Like most people here, I also think it's a ridiculous idea. But on YouTube comments, I've been seeing people (almost always Americans) who justify their system claiming that free healthcare would result in an increase in taxes. I wanted to see if anyone here held this view.
No thank you!
We should change the funding system of the NHS and the sourcing methods - our current system is VERY inefficient.
How would you reform these? I don't know, I'm not an economist, but it needs to happen to keep the NHS alive.
Like most people here, I also think it's a ridiculous idea. But on YouTube comments, I've been seeing people (almost always Americans) who justify their system claiming that free healthcare would result in an increase in taxes. I wanted to see if anyone here held this view.

It would for them, because they'd need to set it up.
Reply 14

No. No. No. No. No.
I think there should be good old free market competition between private and public to see which one is superior (it’s private)
Ah hell nah
The real question needs to be: should the U.S. adopt a more U.K. style healthcare system?

I really do not comprehend the attitude of many Americans baulking a National Health Insurance since the choice comes down to pay more tax or go bankrupt and homeless when the medical bills role in. Should be a no brainer. Methinks it's the private care system that does not want to lose grip on their monopoly and extortionate revenue streams it generates, together with repression of the minimum wage class.
It is my fear that we may see this in my own lifetime
I'm not sure that American healthcare can be described as "a system".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending