The Student Room Group

Im worried about my girlfriends confidence.

We have dated for 6 months and knew each other 2 months before that, she recently turned 25 and im 29.

We got really close quickly and I don't necessarily think its a rebound thing we both were lonely people.

She told me she was a virgin until she turned 22 then dated a guy for almost 2 years and she enjoyed the new sexual life she had, the guy left her though as he got offered a job too good to be true with a relative and didn't want her to go with him. 6 months or so later and she starts dating me.

I am an affectionate person as I grew up shy, bullied and teased so was a late developer and naive when a girl actually likes me and when me met we hit it off very quickly, we are into a lot of similar things, music, video games even anime so much so we have pet names for each other.

Outside of that time of the month she normally is fine, and on those days she becomes very depressed. Anyway this isn't what I was talking about at the start, turns out shes a natural blonde but always dyed her hair since a young age, also she puts heavy make up around her eyes which is very arty but I have told her I would love to see her without it and with her natural hair colour (I love the skin tone natural blondes and redheads have) She told me that she will never show her natural colour, and also that I can't see her without make up and the few times I have she seems to not want me to look at her at all.

She also has said on multiple occasions that shes not attractive when shes gorgeous and im not just saying that and even more so when she smiles, she also thinks shes fat when shes slim with a little gut fat that is not even noticable, and I think breathtaking legs and hips.

She loves compliments to the point she blushes a lot when I give them and responds with the "do you really think I am beautiful" sort of responses.

It to me unless I am overthinking it makes me think she is insecure and/or badly treated in her last relationship from what I learned too her dad was an alcoholic and treated her mother badly im not sure if it was domestic abuse but at least a lot of arguments.

She told me she loved me almost straight away in the relationship.
She most likely is very insecure but not about the relationship but about herself. You need to keep reminding her that she's beautiful but also self-love takes a long time and it's a personal journey so obviously support her but she needs to see herself as beautiful too. This can come from being exposed to people who have the same insecurities she does and seeing how beautiful they are too. I've had so many insecurities especially about my stomach and legs but seeing people embracing my body type has really brought those down. It can be very difficult though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending