Revision that works best...

Watch
J_Study
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
how can u tell or find out what type of learner u r. i know there is Visual (Spatial) ,Aural (Auditory-Musical) ,Verbal (Linguistic) ,Physical (Kinesthetic)
but there are also ones like Logical (Mathematical) ,Social (Interpersonal) ,Solitary (Intrapersonal). when we were explained about them at school i just thought i was a bit of all as i could relate to everything. or does it differ through subjects.there isnt really a test u could take to know which type u r 😂.any advice

PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can figure out when you try each different types of techniques. There are types you will find tiring and that can narrow it down for you (e.g. I cant watch videos or movies so I'm not really a visual learner) For me, I'm a kinesthetic learner and I found out in GCSE because I tried revision guides, videos, mindmaps and etc since my teachers made us to do a lot of revision techniques and I didnt use any of those resources expect questions and past papers since I understand through my mistakes. It really could differ through your different subjects (e.g. for my history Alevel, practice essays are my main revision but I need to get the information somehow and reading is the best way for me and I might do some mindmaps if its worth it to me) so you just have to try which one works and it really makes a difference.
J_Study
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
You can figure out when you try each different types of techniques. There are types you will find tiring and that can narrow it down for you (e.g. I cant watch videos or movies so I'm not really a visual learner) For me, I'm a kinesthetic learner and I found out in GCSE because I tried revision guides, videos, mindmaps and etc since my teachers made us to do a lot of revision techniques and I didnt use any of those resources expect questions and past papers since I understand through my mistakes. It really could differ through your different subjects (e.g. for my history Alevel, practice essays are my main revision but I need to get the information somehow and reading is the best way for me and I might do some mindmaps if its worth it to me) so you just have to try which one works and it really makes a difference.
thank you so much for the reply and the new knowledge.i appreciate it ❤️
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by J_Study)
thank you so much for the reply and the new knowledge.i appreciate it ❤️
No problem Happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.93%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.85%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.11%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads