The Student Room Group

Student finance residency status

I'm European and I'm applying for student finance. I don't know if I'm in the EU/EEA residency group or the UK residency group. I have been living in the UK for 10 years so It would make sense for me to be in the UK residency group. Also, I have completed the EU settlement scheme. However, I haven't yet received a confirmation that my application was successful.
Would you say that I'm in the EU/EEA residency group or the UK residency group? Thanks for your help.
Original post by Derek2.178
I'm European and I'm applying for student finance. I don't know if I'm in the EU/EEA residency group or the UK residency group. I have been living in the UK for 10 years so It would make sense for me to be in the UK residency group. Also, I have completed the EU settlement scheme. However, I haven't yet received a confirmation that my application was successful.
Would you say that I'm in the EU/EEA residency group or the UK residency group? Thanks for your help.

Hi Derek, as you have 5 years UK residency you will be classed as a home student. If you apply to Student Finance England then you might be requested to send in 5 years of residency evidence http://ow.ly/d/8nIO.

I do not advise you to send evidence unless requested as the residency team do not always need to see a full 5 years.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending