Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
5 points about our History Course.

Here are 5 points about of History undergraduate course.

Single and Combined options: At Liverpool Hope University, History can be studied as either as Single Honours, on its own, or as a Combined Honours course, with another subject. Our History course can be combined with some interesting combinations, such as Philosophy, Politics, International Relations, English Literature, Economics. As all historians know, these combined subjects can be really useful to write interesting and unique pieces of work.

Themes of the Course: Our History degree gives you the opportunity to study a wide-range of historical periods from the Early Modern period to more recent contemporary historical events. You will have the opportunity to study the Tudors; Witchcraft; the court of Charles I; the British civil wars; the British Empire; European Nationalism and Imperialism; the birth of Modern Europe; Modern Russia; Gender politics; Fascism, Nazism and the Holocaust; the Northern Ireland conflict; modern British-Irish relations; the role of food in human conflict; and the Spanish Civil War.

Rich Resource and Fieldtrips: Throughout your degree, you will be able to take advantage of the rich library, archival, museum and heritage resources available in Liverpool and further afield. These include the University’s Special Collections; Liverpool City Record Office; museum archives, such as the Transatlantic Slavery Museum; and more. The History Department also runs a range of fieldwork activities every year in the local area and beyond, and offers the opportunity for study visits to major European cities on an annual basis.

Excellent Teaching: While the university as a whole was ranked a TEF Gold for its excellence in teaching quality, from my experience as a student the History Department is one of the best. On countless occasions, the lectures gave me advice to help improve my written work and develop my research skills.

Really enjoyable: Though you wouldn’t be considering studying History if you didn’t love the subject, from my experience the subject is one that continuously sparks intrigue. Getting into the historical dialogue around certain moments in history provides students with key skills that will be important in future employment, while also being super fun.

Feel free to PM us if you have any queries about the course!

Dom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads