The Student Room Group

Year 12 applications and study

Thanks for coming on!

I'm in year 12 at the moment - normally our UCAS predicted grades that are used for our uni application are based on our summer mocks that are not longer likely to happen.
My school have suggested that those exams will happen whenever we go back to school but that may be too close to the uni application date particularly for early deadlines for oxbridge etc.
Could you clarify if application deadlines will be pushed back for year 12s as some have suggested? Or if schools should use other means to decide predicted grades because it is difficult to revise for mocks when you don't know when/if they will happen.
Similarly, will unis have a system to take into consideration the impact of lost schooling hours due to COVID19 on predicted grades? I know some schools are ridiculously lenient with predicted grades and allow pupils to choose their predicted grades whereas other pupils may be unfairly impacted if their predicted grades are based on an exam they took straight after missing 5 months of school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending