The Student Room Group

Gap Year travel 2021- coronavirus!

I have a place at KCL and requested a deferral. They said they let most students defer and just want me to confirm. Now I’m worried that if I defer I won’t be able to travel in Jan 2021 onwards due to covid-19. I would go to Asia and I’m worried some places could still have travel restrictions or the virus could pop up again. Travel insurance would’ve gone up too. I need to work from at least August to fund it and getting a job could be difficult as a lot of people will be unemployed.
I know this whole thing is uncertain but if anyone has info or educated guesses about a timeline I would be grateful.
Original post by Lexxxxxxio
I have a place at KCL and requested a deferral. They said they let most students defer and just want me to confirm. Now I’m worried that if I defer I won’t be able to travel in Jan 2021 onwards due to covid-19. I would go to Asia and I’m worried some places could still have travel restrictions or the virus could pop up again. Travel insurance would’ve gone up too. I need to work from at least August to fund it and getting a job could be difficult as a lot of people will be unemployed.
I know this whole thing is uncertain but if anyone has info or educated guesses about a timeline I would be grateful.

I’m in the same situation :/
Reply 2
Original post by Alicetaylors
I’m in the same situation :/

Aha so harsh and no one else has replied to this thread. I’m still taking a gap year though

Quick Reply

Latest