idolgcfs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

For student finance I have applied for a maintenance loan for living away from home in London - This is for the majority of my course length but since I am doing a course that is slightly longer than the contract itself (43-45 weeks, contract is 40 weeks), do I need to reapply because I believe I will be commuting from my home (Cambridge) to London for the remaining month, because it's just so expensive to live in London accommodation + I probably will not have enough maintenance loan to stay in the city for the last month anyway..
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by idolgcfs)
Hi,

For student finance I have applied for a maintenance loan for living away from home in London - This is for the majority of my course length but since I am doing a course that is slightly longer than the contract itself (43-45 weeks, contract is 40 weeks), do I need to reapply because I believe I will be commuting from my home (Cambridge) to London for the remaining month, because it's just so expensive to live in London accommodation + I probably will not have enough maintenance loan to stay in the city for the last month anyway..
Hi there, if you applied based on living away from home and you are studying in the London metropolitan area then you should be assessed for the London rate of finance.

In regards to your course being longer than a standard course, there is the Long Course Loan which means you could receive additional funding. You can read more information about the Long Course Loan by clicking this link http://ow.ly/CRjh30oSeNR

The Long Course Loan is automatically assessed based as your university submits the course length on a database that is linked to our systems.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
28.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.32%
No I am happy with my choice (65)
55.08%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
6.78%

Watched Threads