The Student Room Group

What is the unviersity that you have applied for doing about the Autumn exams?

Is your university letting you have a delayed start? Is yours making you re-apply for 2021 entry?
Until the dates of the exams and the results are released universities won’t know if they will be able to offer later start dates.

It’s likely that most will promise to honour the original offer if an applicant reapplies for 2021 start.
Original post by PQ
Until the dates of the exams and the results are released universities won’t know if they will be able to offer later start dates.

It’s likely that most will promise to honour the original offer if an applicant reapplies for 2021 start.

Sorry, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Quite a lot of universities are saying that those doing the Autumn exams will have to either apply for 2021 or have there application deferred to 2021 entry. I've actually seen more universities say this than those that would be willing to give a delayed start to the course.
Original post by Treetop321
Sorry, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Quite a lot of universities are saying that those doing the Autumn exams will have to either apply for 2021 or have there application deferred to 2021 entry. I've actually seen more universities say this than those that would be willing to give a delayed start to the course.

You’ve just stated that the majority that have put forward a position have done as I said is most likely.

UCAS do not allow universities to defer conditional offers. Anyone who would want to enter in 2021 with autumn exam results would need to submit a new application (with PS and reference and fee paid to UCAS) unless UCAS changes their systems.

But until the precise dates are available then universities that usually can accommodate late starts (or even January-March starts) won’t know if they can accommodate autumn exam results.

Basically if you think you’ll need to take the autumn exams then plan for a gap year (not an extra month). You might be lucky enough to be able to start in the 20/21 year but it’s unlikely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending