The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham Freshers wristbands

are the wristbands from the university of Birmingham SU worth it? Do you save a lot of money instead of buying tickets individually?

Thank youuu
Reply 1
I bought the tickets and didn’t think they were worth it tbh. I didn’t go to every night out so sold the ones i didn’t use, and the nights that I did go to weren’t the best - they booked out nightclubs but barely any people went so it felt a bit dead. The silent disco on the first night and the freshers ball were popular and decent events, but other than that it was pretty hit or miss. If you really want to go to a couple of the nights there will always be people selling individual tickets, and some people won’t have bought them so you might end up making friends but then having tickets for different nights out.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by lucydm
I bought the tickets and didn’t think they were worth it tbh. I didn’t go to every night out so sold the ones i didn’t use, and the nights that I did go to weren’t the best - they booked out nightclubs but barely any people went so it felt a bit dead. The silent disco on the first night and the freshers ball were popular and decent events, but other than that it was pretty hit or miss. If you really want to go to a couple of the nights there will always be people selling individual tickets, and some people won’t have bought them so you might end up making friends but then having tickets for different nights out.

did people not tend to go out for freshers week then? x
Reply 3
Original post by ?Hannah?
did people not tend to go out for freshers week then? x

most people do go out, but I think most people avoided the official freshers ticket because it was so expensive. Being freshers no one really knew what nights out were good and where, and there were so many other 'events' being put on by other companies that no one really knew where to go, so every event was only half full because there were so many of them.
A breakdown of all the club nights in Birmingham would have been super useful so I'll put one here for you now!
Mondays: Circo Mondays at Circo in Selly is the main one. Its really small, kind of half bar/half club but very popular, esp since most second and third year accommodation is in Selly so its easy to get to.
Tuesdays: Pryzm reps often go around fist year accom and give out free wristbands for tuesdays and they're usually themed as well (main room does stuff like Drake themes etc etc and cheese room will do stuff like JLS or HSM lol). Pryzm is massive and has three different rooms that are always open (main floor, cheese, and house I think?). It will usually be pretty dead until about midnight-one am though and then it gets packed. The main tuesday night is Stupid Tuesdays at Players which is students only - a pretty good night out, two rooms and free food if you're willing to brave the stampede for it.
Wednesdays: Sports night at the guild - you'll need to pre with a sports team and buy a ticket there - they don't sell individual tickets. Not too sure what goes on in town.
Thursdays: Rosies is the big one here - students only, its a big club with three different rooms and decent music. Pryzm also does Thursdays but not sure how popular it is.
Fridays: Snobs is popular on fridays, fairly cheesy if thats what you're into!
Saturdays: Fab n Fresh at the guild
Sundays: ???

This is just a guide for a usual club week at Bham (disclaimer I don't go out all the time but this is just what I picked up from a year of uni) but the best plan for freshers is to wait and see what your flatmates/coursemates/friends want to do because you don't want to make plans but then go alone to something, and I find that friends always make a night out better anyway!
Reply 4
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
are the wristbands from the university of Birmingham SU worth it? Do you save a lot of money instead of buying tickets individually?

Thank youuu

There are cheap freshers wristbands. I brought one from here https://www.fatsoma.com/r/3a793a99-b94a-47b9-9889-ff784f2ddd79/ct3x4rau and it only cost £12 and is refundable if you don't get into the uni etc so I thought its a good deal for all seven days.
Original post by MPJ2001
There are cheap freshers wristbands. I brought one from here https://www.fatsoma.com/r/3a793a99-b94a-47b9-9889-ff784f2ddd79/ct3x4rau and it only cost £12 and is refundable if you don't get into the uni etc so I thought its a good deal for all seven days.

yeah I got that one too but wondering whether to get the one from the guild of students too since it has activities specific to the uni on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending