The Student Room Group

Help!! Choosing a sixth form

I’m really struggling choosing a sixth form for next year. I have been given a place at the best grammar school in my area to study Biology AQA, History AQA, English Lit OCR, and Economics Edexcel. However, I really wanted to study psychology a level and they don’t offer that at the grammar school. So my other option is go to a regular sixth form college and do English Lit AQA, psychology AQA, biology AQA. In the future I hope to study law or psychology at degree level, hopefully at Cambridge or a Russel group and I want to get the best possible a levels. For GCSE I’m predicted all 8s and 9s, and got all 8s and 9s in my mocks. What should I do? Also any insight into the exam boards would be extremely, extremely helpful.
(edited 3 years ago)
For law, there's no required subject for that but for psychology, it depends if you want to do it for BSc or a BA. For Psychology, you need to research what uni's entry requirements for each because for BA, you might need psychology but I think there are no entry requirements for it tbh; for a Bsc, I think you just need one science at KCL or Newcastle if I remember correctly. If you want to go to the grammar school, defo go but I strongly recommend you research on what will restrict you by not picking the other sixth form. I'm a bit concerned by you taking 4 Alevels though since it might affect you getting high grades. I want to study law at uni and I'm doing A level History so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :h:
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
For law, there's no required subject for that but for psychology, it depends if you want to do it for BSc or a BA. For Psychology, you need to research what uni's entry requirements for each because for BA, you might need psychology but I think there are no entry requirements for it tbh; for a Bsc, I think you just need one science at KCL or Newcastle if I remember correctly. If you want to go to the grammar school, defo go but I strongly recommend you research on what will restrict you by not picking the other sixth form. I'm a bit concerned by you taking 4 Alevels though since it might affect you getting high grades. I want to study law at uni and I'm doing A level History so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :h:

Thank you so so much! I completely agree about 4 a levels, it’s one of the reasons I’m not sure about the grammar school as it’s compulsory to take 4 a levels. If I was to take 3 I’d take biology, history and English.

Quick Reply

Latest