The Student Room Group

DSA lightweight Laptop

Hi everyone I've just had my DSA report come through they have suggested lots of useful items that will help me out including a lightweight laptop I was wondering if anyone else recievied a lightweight laptop already or last year and if so which one did you get, I am doing computing so I am trying to get an idea of what I may be offered to see wether I need to upgrade.

Also how long from when your report came through did it take SFE to approve it, and do most people get everything that the needs report recommended?

Thank you
😊
Original post by EBroome
Hi everyone I've just had my DSA report come through they have suggested lots of useful items that will help me out including a lightweight laptop I was wondering if anyone else recievied a lightweight laptop already or last year and if so which one did you get, I am doing computing so I am trying to get an idea of what I may be offered to see wether I need to upgrade.

Also how long from when your report came through did it take SFE to approve it, and do most people get everything that the needs report recommended?

Thank you
😊

Not quite as recent, but I was offered (and took) a lovely slow, grey, Hewlett Packard which, at the end of my degree, has had to be sent back once and has broken another time before that as well (I managed to fix it the first time over the phone). I believe at the time they described this as lightweight, I imagine the current recommended model is a bit better but if you're looking to run some intensive CS software on it for your degree then I would think carefully about getting a sturdier machine than the cheap one they offer.

Quick Reply

Latest