how much loose skin could i have?

Watch
INZZ3__
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
ok so basically i'm planning to lose weight from 117 weight to 75 weight or in body fat percentage wise from 30% to 12% with in around 2 months. now i am determined to lose weight regardless but how much loose skin will i have considering the short period of time, im 18 just in case you are wandering. and to do this im obviously eating at around 1000 cals with exercise burning around 2500, this is obviously watched by a fitness coach who is qualified in this stuff but i wanted to know how much loose skin i will have as in alot or a little and if its worth it. i know the health risks ect but apparently im able to do it considering how active i was (before lockdown) even though i ate a lot. (pretty much ate toooo much) im 6ft 1in btw
Last edited by INZZ3__; 1 year ago
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you lose that amount of weight in such a short period of time, you'll end up with lots of loose skin because you're not giving your skin time to shrink and contract in line with weight loss.
Any fitness coach worth listening to would strongly advise you to lose weight slower because your organs and your skin need time to adjust.
Being determined to lose weight is great, but not at the rate you're talking about.
Also, if you lose weight very quickly, you're much more likely to put it back on again than if you lose weight at a sensible rate.
username5205898
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’d suggest setting yourself more realistic goals x
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by INZZ3__)
ok so basically i'm planning to lose weight from 117 weight to 75 weight or in body fat percentage wise from 30% to 12% with in around 2 months. now i am determined to lose weight regardless but how much loose skin will i have considering the short period of time, im 18 just in case you are wandering. and to do this im obviously eating at around 1000 cals with exercise burning around 2500, this is obviously watched by a fitness coach who is qualified in this stuff but i wanted to know how much loose skin i will have as in alot or a little and if its worth it. i know the health risks ect but apparently im able to do it considering how active i was (before lockdown) even though i ate a lot. (pretty much ate toooo much) im 6ft 1in btw
Lose weight much slower. Make sure to take care of your skin, exfoliate well and moisturise to keep it elastic and minimise stretch marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.98%

Watched Threads