The Student Room Group

Proud of myself

I’m saying this because I conquer temptation today I felt the need to create a fake page using some one else pictures that I found on Instagram . I did this because I wanted people to send me money threw cash app . I didn’t feel right about doing this so I deleted it before I even started I am so glad I done this . I catfished for yrs and I’m been on a journey to over come this and actually be myself . I’m learning to accept myself I pray everyday about and write about most things . I came a long way honestly . I even paid back the boy I catfish he’s $5 I borrowed from him . This is really something great for me I’m so proud of myself right now
Right
Good for you. Hopefully you can move forward now.
I didn't realise that catfishes were in it for the money.
A combination of scam artist and keyboard only sugarbaby taking payment through cash apps.
I thought that they did it for laughs, to troll or dupe people they hate irl.
Good. Its not okay to use other pictures pretending to be them.
I think you have taken an important step. I remember watching Derren Brown and that experiment about how easy it is to do bad things anonymously and I wondered if it was true.

Then I got catfished. Twice. And it taught me an important lesson. Firstly, not to trust anyone online without at least a video call and even then be wary. Secondly, catfish rely on your needs. In my case, I wanted to be loved and at time’s when I should have confronted them I didn’t because subconsciously I didn’t want to give up the illusion.

That being said, catfishes damage people and although it might be tempting to see how hotter people live, it’s just not worth it.
Reply 6
@FingersXedAgain yeah it’s not easy breaking a bad habit it is a battle. Cause even if I think I’m doing better at it . I get triggered into thinking I was happier catfishing. Sorry you went through that twice . Never knew it damaged people that much until this person I catfished for a while was broken by what I did . I didn’t really care I only cared about what I wanted to do not knowing I’m only hurting myself and others . Yea it really is like living a fantasy it’s crazy and your right it not worth it . Only wasted a lot of time and years .
Original post by Anonymous
@FingersXedAgain yeah it’s not easy breaking a bad habit it is a battle. Cause even if I think I’m doing better at it . I get triggered into thinking I was happier catfishing. Sorry you went through that twice . Never knew it damaged people that much until this person I catfished for a while was broken by what I did . I didn’t really care I only cared about what I wanted to do not knowing I’m only hurting myself and others . Yea it really is like living a fantasy it’s crazy and your right it not worth it . Only wasted a lot of time and years .

And that’s the part you have to remember. The fantasy may be fun but it’s not real. If you want a good real life then you need to spend you time in the real world trying to teach your own potential. This should not only make you happier but more successful in the long term. Good luck!
#Growth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show