History IGCSE vs DT GCSE ( Edexcel )

Watch this thread
youngjustice26
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve heard history GCSE is preferred by Russel Group universities - is this true ? Also one of the topics in my course is Medicine Through Time - is it an enjoyable topic ?
Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by youngjustice26)
I’ve heard history GCSE is preferred by Russel Group universities - is this true ? Also one of the topics in my course is Medicine Through Time - is it an enjoyable topic ?
Thanks
Wont make any difference. Other than English and maths, then they tend to only be interested in grades for GCSE.
You can look on the gcse specification whats covered in medicine through time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...wxs/revision/1
helenascottste
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I've done both and it really depends what you want to do in the future if you want to do something more creative pick DT, but if ur more interested in law or anything pick history, also i wouldn't really worry about what russel group universities are looking for at gcses its more in the a level or IB courses that you pick and here history can be a preferable one, therefore if ur looking to do history A-level it could be good essay writing practice to take gcse however the topics will most likely be completely different.
i liked the medicine through time course a lot and it was my favorite topic we did in the history course, however, i also recommend DT which i really enjoyed
if you have any questions don't hesitate to reply to the comment
hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
32%
Take a gap year (6)
24%
Resit my exams (6)
24%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12%
I don't know yet (1)
4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4%

Watched Threads