The Student Room Group

Autumn exams query

Will the autumn exams be classed as a resit? What does it mean when Ofqual said 'both grades will stand?'. Are we able to choose which grade we want out of the two?
Original post by styleman
Will the autumn exams be classed as a resit? What does it mean when Ofqual said 'both grades will stand?'. Are we able to choose which grade we want out of the two?

From what I've seen if you resit, the grade that is highest will be the one that you get
Reply 2
Original post by styleman

I acc asked my headteacher and he said that it does not qualify as a resit even if you do it in the Summer 2021 and you can choose from the grades you get e.g. after appealing you get a lower grade, your "predicted" will stand and vice-versa.
Reply 3
That definitely takes some pressure of the resit if I can choose which grade I want. Employers will only see one grade right? Thanks
It’s hard to say exactly what it will mean at this point, but hopefully we should know more after half term.
Original post by kezia.ol
I acc asked my headteacher and he said that it does not qualify as a resit even if you do it in the Summer 2021 and you can choose from the grades you get e.g. after appealing you get a lower grade, your "predicted" will stand and vice-versa.

They've made it clear both grades will stand (the one from teachers and the one from exams).
Reply 6
Hey guys, if we decide we are unhappy with our calculated grade in august and then choose to do the summer 2021 exams, will we able to use the higher of our two grades? Or does this only apply to the autumn resits?
Reply 7
Original post by saley
Hey guys, if we decide we are unhappy with our calculated grade in august and then choose to do the summer 2021 exams, will we able to use the higher of our two grades? Or does this only apply to the autumn resits?

Hi. Yes you can choose the higher of the two grades. It doesn't only apply to autumn resits (not really a resit but first attempt)
Reply 9
Original post by etienne26
Hi. Yes you can choose the higher of the two grades. It doesn't only apply to autumn resits (not really a resit but first attempt)

Thanks, I really appreciate the help :smile:
Reply 10
any update if edexel will do the maths and FM paper. My maths teacher is mean and I want to prove him wrong. he's just being weird, his prediction is completely wrong but i need to prove it in autumn.
Original post by sonal7
any update if edexel will do the maths and FM paper. My maths teacher is mean and I want to prove him wrong. he's just being weird, his prediction is completely wrong but i need to prove it in autumn.

According to the new consultation, they’re planning on holding the exam for every subject, but this might change. You can give your opinion if you follow the link in here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/consultation-on-an-additional-gcse-as-and-a-level-exam-series-in-autumn-2020
Original post by sonal7

In the exact same boat. My maths teacher is the reason I missed my med offer. Apparently he doesn’t think that people improve from their mocks so gave me the same B I got in mocks with zero revision. We’ll show them dw. I’m doing edexcel as well. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest