The Student Room Group

Firming offer below entry requirements

My firm offer asks for ABB although I am going to be predicted AAD most likely. I am one grade below the entry requirements, is it worth firming?
Aren't you 2 grades below?
depends what course and uni is it for? unis are likely to be lenient
Would you actually be able to bring that D up to a B?
Original post by Gluecagone
Would you actually be able to bring that D up to a B?

ABB is equivalent to AAC so he'd only need to bring it up to a C
Original post by Polinaa

Are you sure that's how it works?
Reply 6
Original post by Treetop321
Aren't you 2 grades below?

He seems to think he can just add and subtract as he likes.

OP that isn't how grades work.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
He seemsbto think he can just add and subtract as he likes.

That's what I thought. Thank you for confirming :smile:
I would say it depends on the course you’re applying for, and how relevant that third subject is. Do you have an insurance you would be happy to go to, and are you okay with not knowing until results day?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
He seems to think he can just add and subtract as he likes.

maybe not but if the D grade isn't relevant unis are often flexible if you get the grade equivalent
Original post by Polinaa

That's assuming the university works that way.
Just to explain, if the offer is expressed as letter grades then Uni's don't automatically consider equivalencies, eg. A*AB in place of AAA. In that case the offer has not been met and it's at their discretion as to whether they accept them.

To answer the OP's question, yes, it is still worth Firming if this is the Uni you want to go to. They will still consider your final grades even if you are below the offer.

No one can really tell you how likely it is that you will be accepted, even the Uni won't know at this stage if they are going to be wildly oversubscribed with strong results.
Reply 12
Original post by Dancer2001
I would say it depends on the course you’re applying for, and how relevant that third subject is. Do you have an insurance you would be happy to go to, and are you okay with not knowing until results day?

It's unlikely i'll get in but i'll try, you never know what could happen this year. Its gonna be stressful until results day but i'll definitely be prepared for my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending