?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last edited by Ryan Su; 3 months ago
courtpash
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know about other families but in mine, we usually buy the younger ones and partners chocolate eggs and give a box of chocolates to the elders and have a meal with the whole family. however due to the lock down we've bought our own chocolate eggs and will be video calling eachother while we eat them 😊
Last edited by courtpash; 1 year ago
Ryan Su
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by courtpash)
I don't know about other families but in mine, we usually buy the younger ones and partners chocolate eggs and give a box of chocolates to the elders and have a meal with the whole family. however due to the lock down we've bought our own chocolate eggs and will be video calling eachother while we eat them 😊
wow I know chocolate eggs I love chocolate, it's my favorite food. I really want to experience the festival!
Golubsti
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's less of a 'festival' really. Most people are not religious and just use Easter as an excuse to swap and share chocolate eggs. Often local communities may organise easter egg hunts whee they are hidden around the area and you have to find them but that is about it.

If you are religious however of course there is a deep meaning to Easter for many however it is not a festival more of a celebration.
Ryan Su
Rep:
?
(Original post by Golubsti)
It's less of a 'festival' really. Most people are not religious and just use Easter as an excuse to swap and share chocolate eggs. Often local communities may organise easter egg hunts whee they are hidden around the area and you have to find them but that is about it.

If you are religious however of course there is a deep meaning to Easter for many however it is not a festival more of a celebration.
oh, I understand. thank you.
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
Lmao the random selfie made me genuinely laugh out loud. Wasn't expecting that.

Usually my family would attend Mass on Easter Sunday and then have Easter eggs after. Then we'd have a big roast dinner, always lamb on Easter Sunday. This year I'm alone in lockdown but will still have some Easter eggs and probs just video call my family.
Ryan Su
Rep:
?
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Lmao the random selfie made me genuinely laugh out loud. Wasn't expecting that.

Usually my family would attend Mass on Easter Sunday and then have Easter eggs after. Then we'd have a big roast dinner, always lamb on Easter Sunday. This year I'm alone in lockdown but will still have some Easter eggs and probs just video call my family.
Haha, my picture makes you happy. It's good. Wish you happy forever!
Wow, sounds like a lot of good food. I love a big roast dinner!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Easter is on Sunday, not tomorrow. As others have said, most people celebrate by eating chocolate Easter eggs.
Ryan Su
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
Easter is on Sunday, not tomorrow. As others have said, most people celebrate by eating chocolate Easter eggs.
Ah, on Sunday I got it my mistake sorry about that.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ryan Su)
Ah, on Sunday I got it my mistake sorry about that.
Tomorrow is Good Friday so it is still a holiday, technically. It's a big day for Christians but people who are not religious don't celebrate.
itsnotthatdeepp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t celebrate Easter but I just wanted to say you seem like a really nice person and your picture was cute lol😊
Ryan Su
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
Tomorrow is Good Friday so it is still a holiday, technically. It's a big day for Christians but people who are not religious don't celebrate.
I see. Thank you for reminding me, otherwise, I might be a joke. I thought it might be a holiday for young people.
Ryan Su
Rep:
?
(Original post by itsnotthatdeepp)
I don’t celebrate Easter but I just wanted to say you seem like a really nice person and your picture was cute lol😊
Thank you. I agree with you. I'm really a nice person lol:aetsch:
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good Friday is usually one of the best pissups of the year for me. Loads of us go into Liverpool for midday and have a session that usually goes into Sunday morning. Big scan with the family, back on it Sunday night

Obviously not this year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads