ILikeChina87181
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
My question is about the writing comprehension task for Gcse Chinese. They give you a template and tell you to put one character per box, but I am confused as to what that means. Does it mean EVERY SINGLE character meaning that 行李 (baggage) would need three separate boxes, which seems too many to me, OR that for every box put in the equivalent to the specific word you are talking about, making 行李 in one box (which makes things a whole lot easier) or it could be something else, I don’t know as I am studying gcse Chinese privately so I can’t get help from any teachers.
elenalelan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi ILikeChina,

I took IGCSE chinese last year so the format is a little different, but I would say if they've given you boxes then it should be one character per box (like 行 in one box and then 李 in the next) - because if you then follow the logic of the equivalent of one english word per box, then you'd have trouble squishing something like 巧克力 or 冰淇淋 into them. It does seem a little excessive considering the size of the boxes but realistically they don't expect you to be writing that much.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by elenalelan; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (151)
14.44%
I'm not sure (46)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.83%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.76%

Watched Threads