shashaank94
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello Mrs.Donelan!

It is wonderful to be able to communicate during these tough times, and I know every university will be doing its best to impart world-class education. I am a prospective student from India holding offers from a couple of universities in the UK for my Post-Graduate study, and I am awaiting offers from another four which I expect should be coming out this month.

I have a few questions regarding the timelines and Visas:-

1) In a worst-case scenario where the pandemic doesn't dumb down by September 2020, will the course be deferred to accommodate the same?

2) In a scenario where I hold an offer from the college of my choice, and I cannot make it due to COVID-19, will universities be willing to consider the option to start in 2021 instead of 2020 with the same offer or will I have to re-apply?

3) I have noted that the visa policies for a student have changed with a permit to work for up to 2 years after education for international students undertaking undergraduate/postgraduate study starting in September 2020. Will there be any changes to these?

it would be nice if points 1 and 2 are addressed, as it would help me plan my student loans and visa processes accordingly.

Once again, Thank you very much for all the support provided. I very much look forward to pursuing my post-graduate in the United Kingdom.
Last edited by shashaank94; 6 months ago
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by shashaank94)
Hello Mrs.Donelan!

It is wonderful to be able to communicate during these tough times, and I know every university will be doing its best to impart world-class education. I am a prospective student from India holding offers from a couple of universities in the UK for my Post-Graduate study, and I am awaiting offers from another four which I expect should be coming out this month.

I have a few questions regarding the timelines and Visas:-

1) In a worst-case scenario where the pandemic doesn't dumb down by September 2020, will the course be deferred to accommodate the same?

2) In a scenario where I hold an offer from the college of my choice, and I cannot make it due to COVID-19, will universities be willing to consider the option to start in 2021 instead of 2020 with the same offer or will I have to re-apply?

3) I have noted that the visa policies for a student have changed with a permit to work for up to 2 years after education for international students undertaking undergraduate/postgraduate study starting in September 2020. Will there be any changes to these?

it would be nice if points 1 and 2 are addressed, as it would help me plan my student loans and visa processes accordingly.

Once again, Thank you very much for all the support provided. I very much look forward to pursuing my post-graduate in the United Kingdom.
Hiya,

Sorry the Minister wasn't able to get to your question today. She has answered something quite similar here though:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...470&highlight=

I hope that's helpful.

BB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads