ramzinoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi Ms Donelan,

I am a currently a private candidate and I was supposed to re-take my A Level exams this Summer, however, it is looking like I won’t be provided with grades by my centre (I have been studying independently this year for my resit subjects and I have also taken up a brand new subject, all of which have no evidence for my attainment) and therefore will have to sit the Autumn exams. The universities that I have received offers from are saying that I won’t be able to start in the 2020 entry cycle AND will have to re-apply for 2021. I have already taken a year out and seriously can not mentally cope with having to do it all over again, as well as going through the application process again, redoing aptitude tests etc. Is there a fair solution available for me, and others like me, who have to sacrifice a year for a matter that is completely out of our hands and not our fault?

I also heard that the results of Autumn exams will come out in January. Is there no way for these results to come out sooner, so that universities could be potentially more lenient with delayed entry, especially since there will be probably a lot less students sitting these exams as compared to a normal exam cycle?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by ramzinoo; 7 months ago
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ramzinoo)
Hi Ms Donelan,

I am a currently a private candidate and I was supposed to re-take my A Level exams this Summer, however, it is looking like I won’t be provided with grades by my centre (I have been studying independently this year for my resit subjects and I have also taken up a brand new subject, all of which have no evidence for my attainment) and therefore will have to sit the Autumn exams. The universities that I have received offers from are saying that I won’t be able to start in the 2020 entry cycle AND will have to re-apply for 2021. I have already taken a year out and seriously can not mentally cope with having to do it all over again, as well as going through the application process again, redoing aptitude tests etc. Is there a fair solution available for me, and others like me, who have to sacrifice a year for a matter that is completely out of our hands and not our fault?

I also heard that the results of Autumn exams will come out in January. Is there no way for these results to come out sooner, so that universities could be potentially more lenient with delayed entry, especially since there will be probably a lot less students sitting these exams as compared to a normal exam cycle?

Thanks in advance
Hey there,
Sorry you didn't get a direct answer to your question from the Minister today. She did answer a couple of questions similar to yours though. They're here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...360&highlight=
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...424&highlight=

I hope that's helpful!

BB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (861)
42.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.11%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.49%

Watched Threads