AWA00047
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can you read my persuasive speech? Please please please please please please. I begging you. I need help. I'm in year 10
xjessmooreeex
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
i will read it and say what i think if you wanted to send it over to me? i do (or well... did! before my exams were cancelled!) a level english literature so i may be able to give you some guidance
AWA00047
Rep:
I have only done the introduction so far
AWA00047
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-10-02-13-53-209_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  160.0 KBName:  Screenshot_2020-04-10-02-14-01-373_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  141.7 KB
Lukebellyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi, good luck on your speech. Something I would advise is looking on YouTube at TED talks, they’re really good. I did mine last year and got a distinction (‘top grade you can get in speaking), I looked at how they are structured, for example what do they start off with and how most of them end with a question. I’ve looked at your speech and you could end on “ are we really going to let this carry on in society? Haven’t we let enough go already?”, that will get them then thinking about what you’ve said. Here’s a link to a talk I found useful but I’m sure there will be one on your topic as well ( https://youtu.be/SFnMTHhKdkw ) Good Luck and I hope this helps you
AWA00047
Rep:
Did you know women face poverty in either old or in extremely old age?. Is that a rhetorical question?
AWA00047
Rep:
Lukebellyou
Lukebellyou
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AWA00047)
Did you know women face poverty in either old or in extremely old age?. Is that a rhetorical question?
Yeah that would be one, as long as you ask it and don’t ask for a response. You could say that and then make up a statistic like in the uk shockingly 6 in 10 people over the age of 70 live in poverty
AWA00047
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-10-17-57-48-058_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  246.9 KBi need help. This is a persuasive speech but it's like a essay. How can I fix this? I need help Lukebellyou
Lukebellyou
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
How long does it last cause we got told it has to be around 5 minutes long and mine was 8 and I still got the top grade? Have you seen how it’s marked? If not I’ll post it on here for you. What you say is important but being clear and confident matters more I found. For example when you present it, if you’re walking around at the front you’re gonna get a higher mark then if you stand still. How long does it last at the moment?
AWA00047
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-10-22-12-42-443_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  94.2 KBcan u mark me on that rubric for only the written part I the pervasive speech? Didn't I write it like a essay? Is it bad? ,I need help
AWA00047
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-10-22-12-42-443_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  94.2 KBcan mark me on a rubric for the written part of the persuasive speech? Lukebellyou
AWA00047
Rep:
Need someone to read my statement intention because of its due tomorrow
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Statement of intention for what?
AWA00047
Rep:
For a speech
oana1389
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i ll read it ,
AWA00047
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-13-00-20-51-066_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  166.0 KBcan u tell if it's good? Can u please fix up my punctuation, grammar and sentence structure. Thanks oana1389
AWA00047
Rep:
Spoiler:
Show
oana1389 I really need help
AWA00047
Rep:
Oana1389 I really need help, please
AWA00047
Rep:
Need someone to read my statement intention because of its due tomorrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads