The Student Room Group

I want to be a Author at 13

I want to be a Author and get out there.I have been writing since I was 7 years old.Anyone have any advice?
Original post by biamcc25
I want to be a Author and get out there.I have been writing since I was 7 years old.Anyone have any advice?

I would recommend self-publishing short stories on a blog to get your work out there. You can promote your blog using social media, so friends, family and new followers can see your work, and if possible, give you constructive feedback. This will help you to develop your writing style and story ideas.
If you want me to have a look at some of your writing feel free to send it to me. I've had a few things published.

Before worrying about that though, first worry about finishing your novel. Once it's finished, look at other writers in your genre and get in touch with either their agents or agents in that genre. Most publishing houses don't accept unsolicited submissions.
I would suggest using wattpad or write the world or inkitt apps to promote ur book!!
I want to be an author too..
me and my friend @Deborah247 use Wattpad!!
Original post by esralled
If you want me to have a look at some of your writing feel free to send it to me. I've had a few things published.

Before worrying about that though, first worry about finishing your novel. Once it's finished, look at other writers in your genre and get in touch with either their agents or agents in that genre. Most publishing houses don't accept unsolicited submissions.

Good advice. I've been wanting to write and get published for years as well actually. I'm currently part way through writing a book though.
Original post by Emma:-)
Good advice. I've been wanting to write and get published for years as well actually. I'm currently part way through writing a book though.

Best of luck with it, now is a better time than any.
Original post by esralled
Best of luck with it, now is a better time than any.

Exactly.
Apart from work (I'm classed as a key worker) I haven't got.much else to do.

As someone who is writing too I just warmly recommend you to read novels by great and well-known authors. Read the novels carefully by watching out for how they write their stories and about their characters, how they depict the surroundings. And when you are reading, ask yourself why do you like to read it and what writing styles the author uses to give the reader a pleasant feeling. You just get better when you learn by the bests!
Try self-publishing on CreateSpace first and see how well you sell to friends and family. Get their opinions first. CreateSpace means your book can be on Amazon. I did that with my first book. Then find an agent.

It doesn't matter how long you've been writing for, it's about how good the writing is
If you have potential and you are certain of it, then try contacting an author and asking for advice
Read a lot of quality books and try to write a little bit everyday. A late author taught me to write 100 words a day no matter how busy you are. She died working on the eighth book in her fantasy series (only three or four saw publication).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending