The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Preparing to apply to uni in 2021? Ask us anything!

If you’re currently in Year 12 and starting to think about applying to university next year, this is the place for you to ask any questions you have.

Whether you're not sure what you want to study, are weighing up your options or just not sure where to start, ask away! To help you get started we’ve written a blog post about starting to think about uni to give you an idea of the things you might want to consider.

Send us your questions!
Hi!
My name's Eric and I'm planning to apply for Fashion Design at Westminster for the year 21/22.

I'm focusing a lot on my portfolio at the moment and I'm wondering about the way I'll be able to present it.
Will I be invited to show it in person? Or will I have to send a digital copy of it?

If there's someone here who is studying fashion design at Westminster and would be nice enough to answer some more questions about my portfolio, please let me know - I am quite clueless :biggrin:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hi, I’m in year 12 and thinking of applying yo medicine, is there a way to speak to current medical students abt the application process, thanks
Original post by EricEricEric
Hi!
My name's Eric and I'm planning to apply for Fashion Design at Westminster for the year 21/22.

I'm focusing a lot on my portfolio at the moment and I'm wondering about the way I'll be able to present it.
Will I be invited to show it in person? Or will I have to send a digital copy of it?

If there's someone here who is studying fashion design at Westminster and would be nice enough to answer some more questions about my portfolio, please let me know - I am quite clueless :biggrin:

Hi there,

First and foremost, should make your application, submit it and then the admissions team will assess it. If your application is satisfactory, the admissions team will email requesting a portfolio to support your application. This email will include the details required such as the deadline for the portfolio, what to include in it and how to send it. This is where you will know how to present it. but I can confirm, it will be done digitally and not in person.

Typically for the Fashion Design course, you will be required to send a mini sample portfolio of your work. We need to be able to get an idea of you as a practitioner and your current breadth and depth of fashion-related knowledge. We are also keen that you use this process to help us to understand you as an individual and what you might bring to the Fashion Design course. We are looking for creative individuals who can show evidence of personal expression, creative ideas, related skills and a depth of subject knowledge.
Please note, this is a very competitive course that fills up quickly. Therefore an early application is advised to be on the safe side.

Good luck :smile:

James
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 4
Hi there
I have applied for BA fashion design course at westminster. I have a few questions I hope you could help me.
Does westminster conduct interviews for this course?
When will I hear from them asking for my portfolio?
How long does it take for them to accept or reject my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending