The Student Room Group

Genetic courses

Hi I went on the complete university guide to look at the genetic courses and it came up with quite a few. I was interested in Veterinary genetics (UCAS code=C432) but I went onto the UCAS website and searched it in and it didn't come up for any universities having that course. I'm very confused and would love some help! thank you !
I've searched for it as well and I don't think there are any offered, at least not at the undergraduate level. You may have to wait until you've earned a BSc to apply for an MSc in something similar (Uni of Edinburgh offers an MSc in Animal Breeding and Genetics).

I suggest you apply for a BSc Genetics or Biological Sciences if you're still interested in the genetics bit, or try of a BSc Biology if you're more interested in the animals bit. BSc Biology at Newcastle University does some cool work with animals (according to my friend currently 2nd year Bio at Newcastle) and she's done a bit of genetics in the course alongside bird watching and animal dissections. If this interests you, then maybe this course may be for you? And then you can try for a veterinary genetics MRes or MSc after.
Original post by dumpling_eater
I've searched for it as well and I don't think there are any offered, at least not at the undergraduate level. You may have to wait until you've earned a BSc to apply for an MSc in something similar (Uni of Edinburgh offers an MSc in Animal Breeding and Genetics).

I suggest you apply for a BSc Genetics or Biological Sciences if you're still interested in the genetics bit, or try of a BSc Biology if you're more interested in the animals bit. BSc Biology at Newcastle University does some cool work with animals (according to my friend currently 2nd year Bio at Newcastle) and she's done a bit of genetics in the course alongside bird watching Tand animal dissections. If this interests you, then maybe this course may be for you? And then you can try for a veterinary genetics MRes or MSc after.

That's brilliant thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending