The Student Room Group

Robson History Prize 2020

Is anybody on TSR entering? I'm currently struggling to pick between the questions!

Scroll to see replies

I’m doing it, on Irish Home Rule. What did you decide on?
Reply 2
I’m doing it!! Mines on the cold war
I presume the results have now been emailed?
Reply 4
Original post by mazsteele
I presume the results have now been emailed?

I haven’t heard anything yet and assumed that we would be told the outcome even if we were unsuccessful?? Perhaps they are delayed?
Original post by 6446
I haven’t heard anything yet and assumed that we would be told the outcome even if we were unsuccessful?? Perhaps they are delayed?

I presume that too! Probably because of covid-19, admin is taking longer than normal to process. I know I haven't won, however I am still intrigued. I just wanted to get another perspective on it.
I presume that too! Probably because of covid-19, admin is taking longer than normal to process. I know I haven't won, however I am still intrigued. I just wanted to get another perspective on it.

Ah, I'm in the same situation - defo haven't won, but am very intrigued. I haven't heard back either!
Reply 7
Original post by bcjess123
Ah, I'm in the same situation - defo haven't won, but am very intrigued. I haven't heard back either!

Same here!! Out of interest... Which questions did you both choose?
Original post by 6446
Same here!! Out of interest... Which questions did you both choose?

I did the one about "What accounts for the rise in domestic anti-communism in the US in the 1950s and 1960s?" (feel like that is totally the wrong phrasing of the question! It's been so long!) What about you?
Reply 9
Original post by bcjess123
I did the one about "What accounts for the rise in domestic anti-communism in the US in the 1950s and 1960s?" (feel like that is totally the wrong phrasing of the question! It's been so long!) What about you?

Ahh I considered that one... McCarthyism etc. I went for a Cold War one too- ‘was the global Cold War a new form of imperialism’. I’m sure yours was great!
Original post by 6446
Ahh I considered that one... McCarthyism etc. I went for a Cold War one too- ‘was the global Cold War a new form of imperialism’. I’m sure yours was great!

Haha, funnily enough I also considered that one!! I'm sure yours was great as well, good luck :smile:
Has anyone heard anything yet? - still haven't heard back from them
Reply 12
Original post by user18927

No, still haven’t :frown:

All very confusing 😶
All very confusing 😶

Yes i know - I emailed trinity on the email given on the essay web page, but still no response. Although I'm practically certain i have not placed, i still want to know the outcome!!!

nope, I haven't either!!
Yes i know - I emailed trinity on the email given on the essay web page, but still no response. Although I'm practically certain i have not placed, i still want to know the outcome!!!

Thank you so much!!! Please keep us updated!
Reply 17
They switched to announcing results by the end of August...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ls296
They switched to announcing results by the end of August..

thanks for letting us know! did they contact you letting you know?
As far as I'm aware they've just changed it on the website from July to August: https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/essay-prizes/history/ - hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest