The Student Room Group

best state in the usa to study in

Hi : ) I'm moving to America and I'm shattered to chose which state to study in. New York is currently at the top of my list but I haven't really explored any other states. I'm looking to study something finance/business related. I'm living in the UK and my grades are currently grades 7, 8, and 9's (A and A*'s). Some things I'd like to be taken into consideration are the living costs and university rankings. Although almost every state is expensive to live in, I'd like to keep the living costs reasonable and not too expensive. Also, I'd like to get into a good university so please keep this in mind : ) I appreciate all answers/suggestions given. Thank you
Original post by xjennxo
Hi : ) I'm moving to America and I'm shattered to chose which state to study in. New York is currently at the top of my list but I haven't really explored any other states. I'm looking to study something finance/business related. I'm living in the UK and my grades are currently grades 7, 8, and 9's (A and A*'s). Some things I'd like to be taken into consideration are the living costs and university rankings. Although almost every state is expensive to live in, I'd like to keep the living costs reasonable and not too expensive. Also, I'd like to get into a good university so please keep this in mind : ) I appreciate all answers/suggestions given. Thank you

Surely if you have said for certain you're moving there, you already know where you're moving to? This has confused me a bit - how far into the moving process are you, or are you just in the thinking stage at the moment?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Surely if you have said for certain you're moving there, you already know where you're moving to? This has confused me a bit - how far into the moving process are you, or are you just in the thinking stage at the moment?

I'm definitely moving, just haven't decided on the location yet, that's why I made the post. I originally decided to move to NYC as my parents wanted me to (and it has great universities) but it's just very expensive and I just want to explore my options :smile: Sorry for confusing you!
What are your demographics.
Reply 4
Original post by xjennxo

Hello! I’m from the US and just graduated from Mississippi State University. It is the top for the state and is a top state university for the county. There is a large international student presence here. It is an inexpensive state to live in and the college area has free public transit. It’s a level 1 research university and is recognized internationally.
Reply 5
Original post by xjennxo

Hello! I’m from the US and just graduated from Mississippi State University. It is the top for the state and is a top state university for the county. There is a large international student presence here. It is also, one of the least expensive state to live in and the college area has free public transit. It’s a level 1 research university and is recognized internationally.
Original post by xjennxo

Massachusetts of course!

MIT, Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, Boston University, Amherst College, Brandeis College, Mount Holyoke College, Williams College, Wellesley College, Northeastern UMass
Reply 7
Somewhere in New England, Massachusetts or Connecticut probably
How are you going to pay for studying in the US? Unless your parents are wealthy oil barons, you will probably need to just make a list of need blind colleges, apply to only those, and go to whichever ends up actually admitting you. This conveniently makes the decision for you as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending